Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is it possible to use the free image transformer in Xara Designer Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    did I miss something I don't recall this...
    I did say "an OP" so I was being general.

Here we also had https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...T-RECTANGULAR). From the times on this Thread, it was started at 12.24AM so I assumed it was fully answered within 2 hours with three good answers by cpman1. Then the same question was posed by the OP in this Thread as 12.01PM, 10 hours later...

The other Thread actually had an acknowledgement of help received at 12.02PM with this one started at 12.01PM, asking for the same advice already delivered.

My bad for being tetchy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Is it possible to use the free image transformer in Xara Designer Pro?

sorry but it is not the same question

tetchy I understand; I am the forum expert at tetch...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

sorry but it is not the same question tetchy I understand; I am the forum expert at tetch...
    It is of no import. I read free transform and free scaling to be the same topic.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

obviously you do.... and maybe within XDA it might be justifiable to look at it that way

but in other programs that is not necessarily so

you are right to say newbies to XDA should not expect it to work like another program, but we also have to remember they will use the terminology and understanding that they have, until they learn the differences
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

you are right to say newbies to XDA should not expect it to work like another program,
    I am afraid I am guilty here. I use many workarounds simply because I may not have noticed a newer and better way.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'm just going to say that there's another thread 'Did you Know?' which has undocumented features. And as well, I've done forum searches before, came up empty, asked, only to find I wasn't asking in the right language, as searching afterward for the proper language landed me where I was wanting to land with the search in the first place.

Sure RTFM is nice, but when both nomenclature AND incomplete documentation aren't common knowledge, what's someone expected to do?

:\ Either way, I'm grabbing popcorn.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

I just want to say thanks to everyone that posts answers and suggestions. At first I found Xara software 'different' to others I have used for many years and I was a bit needy when I started. Using the built-in help and searching the forums usually is enough for me to get some clues. I can do the things I need to do pretty efficiently now. You can't do much sophisticated picture editing in XDP, for that I mainly use Affinity Photo and then import the bitmaps back into XDP. For a quick crop and touch up XDP is just dandy.