Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
Hi Cliff

you can take that argument right down to the atomic [or subatomic level] - everything is made of something else; the point was about design in the creative sense - you can only be creative in a limited sense with a building block that has a specific purpose, the more specific the purpose the more limited you are; for example when assembling a computer the graphics card will only do what it was designed by someone else to do, whereas if you built your own from components it would have whatever capability you designed into it
Excellent! I DO have an answer LOL, but I would just be trying to be smart. Points taken.

I could use clip art a lot - I don't partly because someone would notice, but more to the point, I would think it at best lazy, at worst cheating.
You callin' me lazy? You callin' me a cheater? LOL — handrawn, some of us just don't have the natural talents of others and have to do what we have to do. I know you understand this and I thoroughly understand your very valid philosophy regard the integrity of your work.

the other point I was trying to make is that Xara has gone down the route it has for solid commercial reasons - there is little point, at this stage anyway, in 'adding new vector tools' because it won't make them the money they need - there is too much competition out there now, the world has changed, the options widened considerably... and so like all good companies [and artists ] they are concentrating on what they see as their future in a way that will give them an edge - find a niche, exploit it... hence xara cloud...
Well said!