Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-hosting

Default M-hosting

Went ahead and signed up for M-hosting and have a serious problem. I've never had hosting that didn't have c-panel so went about figuring out how to upload files, got that accomplished but even though the files are there when I put in the web address I get this 404 error page not found. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	126631 What am I not seeing?

Default Re: M-hosting

Not much help possible without the URL.
    Do check what your published to and what you typed in.

Did you use the M-Site Control Centre access?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Not much help possible without the URL.
    Do check what your published to and what you typed in.

Did you use the M-Site Control Centre access?
    Acorn
    The url is http://www.louisransom.com and yes I used the M-Site Control Center access when I uploaded the files. Not sure what you published to means, it said upload folder I uploaded index.htm and the folder alabama which would be louisransom.com/alabama/

One likely error is in using the folder alabama. Everything will be under that and nothing under your main url. Delete everything using the Control Centre and publish again, but this time do not use the folder alabama.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

If you published to louisransom.com/alabama/ then there will be nothing to see at louisransom.com/; you are too high a level.

If you did manage to publish to
    http://louisransom.com/alabama/ then a list of what was published would appear at http://louisransom.com/alabama/index...s/xr_files.txt.

If you Share > Publish website, a successful operation will show in the top right of your Xara Desktop application with a working link that you ought to click.

I typed "your" instead of "you".

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My index.htm is not in the alabama folder. It should still bring up the index.htm which has links to louisransom.com/alabama/

Just figured out what Acorn was talking about published to! There is more than 1 web address louisransom.com is one the other is ixrbqd.xara.hosting that is what I published to. I didn't know there were 2 addresses involved as I didn't submit for the second one just the louisransom.com domain and I just got it for testing purposes before I publish to my main site. Thanks Acorn for bringing it to my attention even if I didn't get you at first!

My advice is if this is for a serious client, get a real web hosting account, with C-Panel and everything else a professional web hosting company offers. M hosting is fine if this is a personal site.

Ditto what Gary said.

I use my M-hosting domain for my wife's website that is just static, no need for anything else. I wouldn't use it for anything complicated.

With M-Hosting, you get a domain name that you have to apply for. Everybody also gets xxxx.xara.hosting, to be used mainly for testing, with the xxxx being your chosen user name. Append a folder and you can have many web sites. I use subdomains (subfolders) for different sites for different family members as photo and video galleries (links to YT).
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Just figured out what Acorn was talking about published to! There is more than 1 web address louisransom.com is one the other is ixrbqd.xara.hosting that is what I published to. I didn't know there were 2 addresses involved as I didn't submit for the second one just the louisransom.com domain and I just got it for testing purposes before I publish to my main site. Thanks Acorn for bringing it to my attention even if I didn't get you at first!
    Phew!

Acorn