Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CORONA VIRUS BOREDOM... and ESCAPE FROM THE GRIND

http://mockupsites.xara.hosting/colorsandlights/

Darn browsers won't play the music all the time... but a 'hard refresh' might do it...

Silly, I know...
    Just a time killer.

g'nite!

Default Re: CORONA VIRUS BOREDOM... and ESCAPE FROM THE GRIND

Made me smile - thank you.

No music, but maybe that's a good thing... ;-)

Spelling mistake though - you left a "u" out on the first word. No need to change it, 331 million americans won't notice, but 67 million brits might... ;-)

Thanks for a bit of fun.

Americans decided long ago that only a Brit would add letters like a U in colour that had absolutely no effect on how the word was pronounced, and we got rid of them sparing billions and billions of U's from an unproductive and useless life.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Americans decided long ago that only a Brit would add letters like a U in colour that had absolutely no effect on how the word was pronounced, and we got rid of them sparing billions and billions of U's from an unproductive and useless life.
    Amen!!!!

A certain young lady would like a word with you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	queen-elizabeth.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	126630

... from an unproductive and useless life.
    Srely 'from an nprodctive and seless life.'? And you cannot even pronounce "buoy"! (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pro...n/english/buoy). And Noah Webster didn't alter tongue to 'tung', which is why Xara correctly refers to its Online Content Catalogue.

The gloves are off. Good ol' SA, so inconsistent.
    Betold, there is a logic to differentiating between endings that sound like -ower (as in hour) but if you went totally phonetic you would lost a lot of the origins and associations in their etymology. Hour would be written 'hower' and then people might assume it is the comparative of how and start inventing a superlative 'howest'.

Acorn

Linguists estimate that a working knowledge of American globish needs just 1,500 words, not even 1 per cent of the content of the Oxford English Dictionary. The rest is wasted.
    Our "newspaper", the Daily Mail, is well versed in near-libelous verbage: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-English.html.
    Last edited by Acorn; 28 March 2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: I typed in entomology without thinking
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think that's rich - you Americans can't even pronounce aluminium correctly. Where do those letters go when an American says it?

;-)

@cmpan1, quick, do another with the elusive U before half of TG start donning long red coats.

Actually, don't bother. I just realised I'm in Australia and we had nothing to do with that little tiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    @cmpan1, quick, do another with the elusive U before half of TG start donning long red coats.

Actually, don't bother. I just realised I'm in Australia and we had nothing to do with that little tiff.
    Does that mean Aussie's don't know how to spell either LOL

Hmmm. When I clicked on the link in the first thread, here is what I saw:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Colors and Light with translation.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	126632
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)