Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Smart Labelled Line 01 - FAIL

Dear Xara...

I had a Shape with a Labelled Line 01 dimensioning one of its sides.
    I happened to double it and the dimensioned line failed me.

I have created an example file. Each of the squares doubles properly.
    I know I am using pixels and not millipoints but I actually trust your old style Xara algorithms.
    Well almost. You cannot mark out 1024px; it insists it is 1023.9px every time.

I doubled down all the way to 1px successfully.
    Bug - I then doubled up with fails at 16px (16.7px), 128px (133.8px) & 1024px (1070.1px).
    All seemingly random.

Smart Labelled Line Fail.xar

What is the point of adding a capability if it fails to integrate?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Smart Labelled Line 01 - FAIL

I couldn't deuplicate your result Acorn but I did find a bug of my own, at least I think it is a big.
    I drew a line and converted it to shape and applied a 2pt line around it and it did not outline the entire line as expected. this was aq 2pt converted line with a 2pt line around it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlilned shape.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	126629
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Bug Re: Smart Labelled Line 01 - FAIL

Here is what I was trying to do originally:

Xara-Dimensioned Lines.xar

The blue box is a Xara naff idea of pretending an image that says it is 960px wide can stay that way if it is at all scaled.

I added labelled lines H&V to a 960 x 540px box, thinking any scaling would be reflected in the numbers shown.

Bug - the red box dimensions do not stay accurate when scaling with any of the 8 control points. The red box is grouped as:
    Bug - the blue box is soft-grouped with the same Bug but now you can only ratio scale as the middle controls have vanished.
    Bug - any SmartShape rotated by a degree loses the middle controls.

Seriously?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I couldn't deuplicate your result Acorn but I did find a bug of my own, at least I think it is a big.
    I drew a line and converted it to shape and applied a 2pt line around it and it did not outline the entire line as expected. this was aq 2pt converted line with a 2pt line around it

Name:	outlilned shape.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	126629
    Larry, I have tried and cannot replicate your described problem.

I got something worse.

I drew a 300px x 2pt (2.67px) green horizontal line and converted Line to Shape: 302.7 x 3.3px shape.
    I gave the shape a red 2pt Line width so it looked as it it was a thick red line: 305.3 x 6px shape. The Colour Bar showed a green fill with a red lining.
    Selecting the middle top control point and drawing up created a skewed shape as three of the shapes controls, not two were selected. Ditto with the middle bottom control.

Previously, I tried this and got the correct shape growing but with another green line as it is was an artefact.

All very weird.

Acorn

Still @Xara.

While this SmartShape is being reviewed, could you also fix the discrepancy (Bug) around the timeline not being centred?

Name:	Timeline01 with Invert.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	126645

My failure to understand perhaps. Just how is it used for a timeline?
    I can not add Text Inside sensibly.
    I can not remove a blob but keep its gap. Well, I can but tweaking the colours is not really the way ahead for a SmartShape?
    I have also worked out how to alter the blob but would much prefer the blob to have been a QuickShape from the outset.
    One Theme Colour for both bar and blobs?
    No bar width control?
    No blob Line width control?
    You can see what I had to do to mangle Timeline 04 to get that to work sensibly the my design file in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Update-Service.

Acorn