Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update installation problems

I paid to update to the latest version of Designer Pro, from 16 to 17, a couple of days back, and tried to install it. However, I cannot get it to install. The process appears to start, but when it gets to the choice of language, it stalls, and I get a window which only offers the option to Remove the application. If i choose this, another widow appears telling me that the file to initiate the removal cannot be found.

It’s exceptionally frustrating, and the support offered was just to download from the link and try again, which I have attempted numerous times.

I have removed all the associated Designer Pro files I can find, in case there’s a prefs file to blame, but no luck still.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d be very grateful.

Default Re: Update installation problems

Frustrating.

It is possible your Firewall is blocking things. Before disabling though, I would try the following.

Record your v16 serial number and your purchase email address.
    Cold start your machine.
    Ensure no other Xara product is presently running.
    Download the update from https://www.xara.com/designer-pro/download/, avoiding the Magix one.
    Right-click on it and use the Run as administrator option.
    If successful, register with your recorded credentials.

If this fails, come back and advise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

[QUOTE=Acorn;622093]Frustrating.

It is possible your Firewall is blocking things. Before disabling though, I would try the following.

Cold start your machine.
    Download the update from https://www.xara.com/designer-pro/download/[COLOR=#333333], avoiding the Magix one.

Acorn

Many thanks.

Will try tomorrow. COVID-19 has altered my current domestic arrangements, so I can’t access my PC after about 9pm for the foreseeable future. I very much appreciate your help and will have a go at i5 again tomorrow.

Regards,

Keith

[QUOTE=AlterEgo;622096][QUOTE=Acorn;622093]Frustrating.

Cold start your machine.
    Download the update from https://www.xara.com/designer-pro/download/[COLOR=#333333], avoiding the Magix one.

Acorn

Hi Acorn,

I turned off my Firewall, ran the application installation as Administrator, using the link you gave me, which I then realised I had already tried, but same result. The installation runs then offers me the option to Remove the application, which also fails.

I think I experienced this once previously, and a swift response from Xara resolved it, but I have no memory of the solution.

I have also tried to download the previous version of Designer Pro, but that also fails in the same way.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

keith

Keith, sorry to hear.
    I will ping Rob-Xar with the Thread in case he is about and can help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Keith, sorry to hear.
    I will ping Rob-Xar with the Thread in case he is about and can help.

Acorn
    Many thanks again, much appreciated.

I have had three responses now from Magix, but none addresses the issue I’m having. It’s not desperate, but I use Designer Pro for DTP and associated graphics to support my wife’s work. I don’t having a pressing need for it right now, but will at some point soon.

Regards,

Keith

Keith, Rob-Xar is aware...

Acorn

Hi Keith,

Can you try running the Windows MATs tool from here and see if you can completely remove DPX?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...led-or-removed

Afterwards, try re-installing again?

Many thanks
    Rob