Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I install a web browser for preview in WDP 17?

I wonder how to activate / install for exampel Firefox for previewing in WDP17. The only browser I can use now is Explorer and Edge. When I click on for exampel Chrome or the Firefox icons I get the message ...not installed. That is fne with Chrome because it is not installed But Firefox is installed and it is my prime browser. Is this another bug in WDP? It was the same in WDP16. Any suggesttions how to make WDP to recognise Firefox.
    Ps. The table linking problem is solved for some of the tables . Not all.

Default Re: How do I install a web browser for preview in WDP 17?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcalypso View Post
    I wonder how to activate / install for exampel Firefox for previewing in WDP17. The only browser I can use now is Explorer and Edge. When I click on for exampel Chrome or the Firefox icons I get the message ...not installed. That is fne with Chrome because it is not installed But Firefox is installed and it is my prime browser. Is this another bug in WDP? It was the same in WDP16. Any suggesttions how to make WDP to recognise Firefox.
    Ps. The table linking problem is solved for some of the tables . Not all.
    Only ideas I have: Run as administrator; ensure FF is at latest version.

In v17.0, when I hover over any of the browser icons in the Preview I get the versions (except for Chrome and Edge.).
    FF is 72.0.2, IE is 11.0.18362, Opera is 67.0.3575.

I am presently learning AutoHotKey and trying to work out how to launch Vivaldi from the Preview.
    I will see if something similar will work for FF.
    A sort of approach I was considering was right-click Properties to pick up the URL of the Xara web server (e.g., http://localhost:8000/virtc5fd23c2/index.htm) and render that in my selected browser.

Sorry to hear Xara has not yet sorted out its buggy SmartShape Tables for linking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: How do I install a web browser for preview in WDP 17?

Quick update.

It is possible to use AutoHotKey to launch any of the five browser types using a hotkey sequence. The same sequence can easily close the Xara Preview window.

This is a fail for me as I cannot launch Vivaldi from any hotkey as readily.

Here is my workaround, without AutoHotKey:
    1. Set-up:
      1. Xara's web browser output is under %localappdata%\Temp\.
      2. Open %localappdata%\Temp\.
      3. Pin this to your Explorer Taskbar icon by dragging the explorer window folder icon onto your Explorer Taskbar icon.
      4. It will appear as Temp when you subsequently right-click the Taskbar Explorer icon.

2. Usage:
      1. Press x {Enter} i {Enter} to launch your index.htm file in your preferred browser.
      2. the x-press should move to the Xara_XYZ folder. The Enter-key opens it. The i-key moves to index.htm and the final Enter-key launches your chosen default browser.
      3. To see updates, just press F5.

If this simple key sequence fails for you, just open the Temp folder and look for the Xara_XYZ folder, open that and run your HTM file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat