Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Content Catalog Search function

Good news bad news. There is a new Search box in the Content Catalog. That's the good news. The bad news is when I tried searching for the new Photo Grids, even with the correct name, even in the right section with Photo Grids on the left staring me in the face, I got a notice that there were no matching items. And even when I used caps and lowercase.

I have to say that the smart shapes have been really improved and several very handy new shapes such as bar charts and circular percent items. Photo Grids, which is what I was searching for, give you a grid of rectangles of different sizes that you add photos to and then you can make some of the photos bigger or smaller, plus new controls make it easier to resize the photo in the rectangle as well as move and rotate the photo inside the rectangle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Content Catalog.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	112401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	936.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	112402  

Default Re: Content Catalog Search function

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Good news bad news. There is a new Search box in the Content Catalog. That's the good news. The bad news is when I tried searching for the new Photo Grids, even with the correct name, even in the right section with Photo Grids on the left staring me in the face, I got a notice that there were no matching items. And even when I used caps and lowercase.

I have to say that the smart shapes have been really improved and several very handy new shapes such as bar charts and circular percent items. Photo Grids, which is what I was searching for, give you a grid of rectangles of different sizes that you add photos to and then you can make some of the photos bigger or smaller, plus new controls make it easier to resize the photo in the rectangle as well as move and rotate the photo inside the rectangle.
    Clearly Gary, just try "smart" from the All level. Try "Sma" to see the difference. You have to press the Return key, it does not auto-complete.

Yet to discover the "better work flow" (Help > The Online Content Catalog); the catalogue still closes after a single Insert.

Xara: Please be consistent in your naming. It is a Catalogue, not Catalog - you keep mixing an matching, e.g., http://downloadsv12.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html then presents as "Online Content Catalogue".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I probably found a missing entry in the Content Catalog Search.

It depends on which English you have selected, catalog, catalogue, color, colour, etc.

Totally agree with not automatically closing the Content Catalog after import. More often than not there are more than one thing to import.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It depends on which English you have selected, catalog, catalogue, color, colour, etc.
    Nothing to do with one's language settings, it is just sloppy prose checking.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can search the online content catalog, and I downloaded all of it to my local designs gallery. When working offline, I don’t know how to search the local designs gallery.

Also, if I search the online content catalog, I don’t know how to reference the items found in the online content catalog to a similar item location in my local designs gallery.

I can exhaustively do a manual scroll through the entire local designs gallery, but I would like to search it and select from a subset of items in the local designs gallery.

Please let me know if I should start a new thread (and how to start a new thread).
    Best regards,
    -Larry

Quote Originally Posted by ldburkholder View Post
    I can search the online content catalog, and I downloaded all of it to my local designs gallery. When working offline, I don’t know how to search the local designs gallery.
    Also, if I search the online content catalog, I don’t know how to reference the items found in the online content catalog to a similar item location in my local designs gallery.
    I can exhaustively do a manual scroll through the entire local designs gallery, but I would like to search it and select from a subset of items in the local designs gallery.
    Please let me know if I should start a new thread (and how to start a new thread).
    Best regards,
    -Larry
    Larry, this has been a pet hate of mine since Xara decided it could not provide the Find function for the Local Designs gallery any longer. It still does it for most of the other galleries.

I use Everything so I can set up searches like '\XtremeProSub\18\Cache\designs\eng\ 'as a Bookmark (this is for Xara Pro+ but the principle applies for other versions) and then type in the name of the component, say 'panel 12'.
    This returns both the thumbnail and the XAR file. It finds (012_photopanel.png, 012_photopanel.xar, idx012_textpanel.png, idx012_textpanel.xar) as well as the full path: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremeProSub\18\Ca che\designs\eng\components\imagecomponents\photopanels_16_1\xarainfo\012_photopanel.png... so you can also work out the folder tree.

The nice thing about Everything is you can drag the XAR to the design page as if it were the Local Designs gallery and you can view your returns as Large Thumbnails.

After a while you forget all about the Online Content Catalogue and the Local Designs gallery as both are so slow and their Search capabilities are so limiting.

Acorn

Hi Acorn
    Is this the default location for disc content?

...\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremeProSub\18\Ca che\designs\eng\components\imagecomponents

Quote Originally Posted by actionit View Post
    Hi Acorn
    Is this the default location for disc content?

...\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremeProSub\18\Ca che\designs\eng\components\imagecomponents
    You have gone two folders too far.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn