Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default So What Do You Think About This New Logo?

Almost afraid to ask... LOL

So before you jump the gun and start beating me upside my head that there's to much goin' on.....

Yes they wanted a metamorphosis of caterpillar into a butterfly... and yes, they wanted to somehow include the infinity symbol...

So the job was (in my head) to somehow combine the three and keep it looking somewhat like a logo... You think that was easy? Try it! LOL

http://mockupsites.xara.hosting/LOGOVER2MOCK/

Cliff

PS... not lovin' Ver. 17 — it does some weird sh_t. So I'm stickin' with 16 until 'The Real Thing Comes Along' (old song title)
    Last edited by cmpan1; 25 March 2020 at 04:14 AM.

Default Re: So What Do You Think About This New Logo?

Top right for no other reason than it looks cleaner (for lack of a better word).

The infinity sign goes really well with the butterfly as it resembles a flight path. The caterpillar part doesn't shine through for me. It doesn't look wrong, it doesn't distract either and it does tie the flight path and the flutterby together...I just don't see caterpillar.

Clean and stylish as usual, Cliff.

That was a tough brief but I think you’ve done an excellent job.

I also think the only issue for me is the caterpillar. When looking my eye was drawn straight to it and didn’t initially understand what it was. Sometimes that can be a good thing but I’m not sure it is in this particular case.

It seems to be slightly ‘cartoony’ which seems slightly at odds with the ‘straight’ dignified theme of the logo and subject matter. Of course you could argue that a bit of humour might be welcome at such a time when people are considering which company to choose. The caterpillar could even become their mascot!

I don’t have any suggestions how to change it other than perhaps making it ‘lighter’ using more of an outline rather than filled shapes.

Edit: I’ve just shown your logo to my better half and she loves it and thinks the caterpillar is great!
    Last edited by Jonopen; 25 March 2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quite impressed by that - good response to the brief.

I'd be a bit concerned that smaller sizes it may have problems because of the fine detail.

I think you did a cracking job. I like all of them and can imagine that a mix of them being used depending on the medium used (from web to signage).

Clean, professional, uplifting, and memorable.

If I had to choose it would be top right, but all should be useful.

great looking Cliff.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Cliff, you are clearly highly productive and obviously Xara is your strength as you can turn around a design set in short order.

I do like your portfolio approach. You might consider Xara Cloud for Teams to handle brochures, business cards and other marketing as you can establish a corporate branding in that very quickly.
    Obviously keeping the Xara Desktop application for web development. I see both would complement your work.

An extra outlay but Xara offered be a free XDPX, which I traded back for an Update Service extension.
    The benefit to me was no more Magix.
    Have a chat with Rob-Xar on Discord.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Very nice logo, I think you nailed it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.