Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: So What Do You Think About This New Logo?

Very nice logo, I think you nailed it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: Might As Well Put Up Some Other Mock-Ups Using New Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    OK, first of all - the business cards.
    I like the logo, but don't like the cards - too much small text. Older people will be reading them.

The brochures.

Not much of a fan of those, but I think that's partly a cultural thing.
    "Loved one's". I am the apostrophe police. The apostrophe should not be there.
    "..." on the end of headings? Yuk.

"Family Owned and Operated" - the heading has content below that has nothing to do with that fact. I know a lot of people are proud of this but in 2020 do their clients care (I understand it's important to the client)?
    "Planning for the future" - smiling faces. Really?
    The video -Nice opener - that's where it should have stopped - with the logo. Presenting slabs of text for people to read kills the idea. If you want text make it longer - much, much longer and animate in sections.

Just me nitpicking as usual.
    Than pauland... good nitpicking! Thanks for the grammatical stuff. I agree with all...As far as all else, these were just 'thrown together' as quick mock-ups and most likely will go through many design changes. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cliff, you are clearly highly productive and obviously Xara is your strength as you can turn around a design set in short order.

I do like your portfolio approach. You might consider Xara Cloud for Teams to handle brochures, business cards and other marketing as you can establish a corporate branding in that very quickly.
    Obviously keeping the Xara Desktop application for web development. I see both would complement your work.

An extra outlay but Xara offered be a free XDPX, which I traded back for an Update Service extension.
    The benefit to me was no more Magix.
    Have a chat with Rob-Xar on Discord.

Acorn
    Thanks for all the info Acorn.... Just one thing... I can't wrap my head around Xara Cloud (yet). I'm liking it more and more with each development they go though but I'm still most comfortable and fastest on Desktop.

Thanks xtom... yup! That's the one they settled on.

Default Re: I forgot to show these

about two hours ago or so I get an email that that have a brick wall in the F. Home that they want to put a 24x36 poster on....

"Can we see some samples (mock-ups) with maybe a butterfly background and the new logo?"

I just sent this link...

you see, that's what I mean about Xara... fast fast fast... Do it, Upload, Send link, Discuss and get er done...

Oh yeah... $$$
    After I give them the final, it's in their hands. I'm done!
    What do you think I'm gonna charge these folks for a final PDF poster that
    THEY are going to have printed out.

I'll probably charge them about $150 for one of the 'works of art'. All of 3 hours work!

Top left, I love the woods. I don't care how you frame it that is the one.

You're drastically undervaluing your worth and your value to their company. You have seen their price list haven't you.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Almost afraid to ask... LOL

So before you jump the gun and start beating me upside my head that there's to much goin' on.....

Yes they wanted a metamorphosis of caterpillar into a butterfly... and yes, they wanted to somehow include the infinity symbol...

So the job was (in my head) to somehow combine the three and keep it looking somewhat like a logo... You think that was easy? Try it! LOL

http://mockupsites.xara.hosting/LOGOVER2MOCK/

Cliff

PS... not lovin' Ver. 17 — it does some weird sh_t. So I'm stickin' with 16 until 'The Real Thing Comes Along' (old song title)

Very elegant solution. Top right for me, as I'm just a fan of monochrome styling/logos. You can add color later, but if the shapes don't hold up, then color won't save it (with a couple of exceptions of course...there's always exceptions).
    I'm curious what ideas ended up in the bin for this one...
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    You're drastically undervaluing your worth and your value to their company. You have seen their price list haven't you.
    Yes, everyone wants you to work at maximum quality then when you deliver, they don't want to pay for it. Sadly, graphics are one of those things that people don't notice when it's done to perfection. They think good design just falls out of the sky, or even worse these days, some AI craps out it when you move a couple of sliders in an app...then there's the people that believe that just because they have some kind of vector or raster graphics software they moderately understand how to use, this alone makes them just as capable as someone who's been in the industry for 30 years or something.

Human nature is at the heart of these problems, sadly...
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Cliff,

What is your process for making the video. Are you using Xara for all of layout and animation of the text?

Ray