Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is this even possible with xara software

Egg,

No-one's saying that can't be done ... it was the background animation that was the problem.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You can loop a short video clip for background animation, there's been a few posts about it before. It's not too difficult in Xara from what I remember though I'd need a refresher myself. You can see the background video that they use in source code "bg.mp4"
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

When you look at the code detail https://greymattersuk.com/, the PNG images have been placed in a 'Slick' carousel; there are 8 x PNG images in a loop. The carousel sits in front of the background video, which in this case does not appear to do very much. The perception of depth in the PNG images has been created similar I guess to Egg's well explained approach.

It was fairly easy to mimic the effect using my third party slider, minus the usual controls; I did not bother with the video background. You could of course do the whole thing as an intro-video with your chosen video editor and have it run in the background.

Footnote:it would be interesting to gauge how long it takes for a visitor to get the headline message from this site?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Keith, the OP never said he particularly wanted just the background animations, just whether it could be done in Xara

Anyway, here's a link to one that has a background animation.

LINK

Initiostar & xtom. My approach was similar but I used a animated gif behind the cycle widget.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Keith, the OP never said he particularly wanted just the background animations, just whether it could be done in Xara
    Anyway, here's a link to one that has a background animation.
    LINK
    Egg, I think I'd visit your site any day.

I think the OP's question has been more than answered "constructively".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Excellent work Egg.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks Acorn & Keith. One issue I can't overcome is there's a subtle difference in the shade of black between the pasteboard and that of the animated gif (which has a transparent background but may be a 256 colour restriction?).

Anyway just for fun here's a variation.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice examples Egg. Making the gif fill the entire background would probably be needed so that would ensure no difference between pasteboard. Then you would probably need a bigger gif for higher resolution. Not sure how file size of gif would compare with mp4 at the end but yeah plenty of possibilites for the OP to ponder on and try.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Surely just changing the Pasteboard colour to #101010 would work?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg, I have no idea how you did that, but it's great, thank you!!!
    A tutorial would be appreciated by me and others.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.