Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Xara Web Designer (Premium) Release

As Xara hasn't bothered to inform on TG.

Under the Update Service, you can download Xara Web Designer and Xara Web Designer Premium here: https://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer/download/.
    You can use the same download as a Trial; trials can be extended to 30 days. I usually download XDPX for a trial than XWDP for another trial and get 60 days to e really sure.

Doing this does not overwrite your version 15.m or 16.n so do not delete them.
    You should be able to run up to two installations of each version so Magix has mucked around and so your install might complain you have too many installs. So complain back to Magix. Please.

As this is a fresh install, all your settings in your earlier install will not have transferred over. Tell Xara how naff this is.

Remember to use Download All in the Local Designs gallery if you are unable to copy across form your existing Cache folder.

Do not use the marketing link Magix provides:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Do not use this link.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	126609

This forces you to think you need to pay for the update. Wrong. If you are under the Update Service cover, it is FREE. Again tell Magix and tell Xara what you think.

As it is a new version at 17.0 you might think it will have lots of new stuff. No. Xara admits it is "marketing" for Magix and Xara (MagiXara); for the rest of the Universe it is a PITA.
    If you do intend to renew the Update Service use the trial period(s) mentioned above until you see v17.1 appearing. This means your eventual "fall back" should be to a version that has some of v17.0's bugs corrected.

Come back to this Thread and ask any questions to assist you getting what you have paid for.

Acorn

P.S. I do not have XWDPv17.0 as I stopped my Update Service at v15.0.
    I do have v17.0 for Xara Designer Pro X.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Web Designer (Premium) Release

Thank you very much for the heads up, Acorn. I have the program open right now, and it gave me no alert of the update.

I received the popup and very nearly closed it due to muscle reflex.

Acorn has to be wrong at some point, so I followed the link to download my update as I have an active subscription.
    I was taken to a page to extend my service. The site has 2 options on the menu bar, neither of which took me away from the pressure to buy what I already own.
    I clicked the link under Windows 10. It took me to something I didn't bother reading. I scrolled up and down aimlessly.
    In all honesty, I would have given up at this point as I have better things to do than play a treasure hunt. However, Acorn has to be proven wrong. The advert has to take you to an actual update.

I clicked irrelevant links to irrelevant places.
    With glazed eyes I lost the will to live.

I saw the generic 'Account' icon (the menu changed somewhere in the labyrinth), so I clicked that in search of my paid for update.
    I clicked 'My Products' because that sounded the most promising; it wasn't.
    In the footer there's the link Download Centre, Hallelujah! - Enter your serial number? okay - go back a page to copy my serial number - I can download XWDP, so I click the link to do so - click the stupid traffic lights - click the stupid stairs. I download 6MB of XWDP 17.

So, Acorn. With an hour or so, the persistence of a certain dog and a certain bone, blind luck and several planets aligning, you CAN update a paid for piece of software with a paid for subscription by following the unwanted adverts.

I'm now doing to lie down for a while. I might even install the update later if I have the energy.

In that hour you wasted, I could have knitted you an update.

The burning questions are:
    Could you do it again?
    Should this be a new sport for the Olympics?
    Is it just popular entertainment - Speed upDating?
    Does MagiXara have a clue?
    Is it all a conspiracy?
    Should Acorn apologise for being so very wrong?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The burning questions are:
    Could you do it again? - Very doubtful
    Should this be a new sport for the Olympics? - No. It's too boring
    Is it just popular entertainment - Speed upDating? - Clever pun, but again, too boring
    Does MagiXara have a clue? - About customer service? No. About marketing? No. About deceit, borderline scamming and misplaced aloofness? Yes
    Is it all a conspiracy? - We may never know
    Should Acorn apologise for being so very wrong? - how do you pronounce yes in sarcastic?

Does MagiXara have a clue? - About customer service? No. About marketing? No. About deceit, borderline scamming and misplaced aloofness? Yes
    it will be interesting to see if you get stamped on for daring to say such a thing the same way I was; maybe not as it becomes more obvious with every passing release

how do you pronounce yes in sarcastic?
    yess

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...