Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cafe - looking out

Well spotted, it is Brid. We went for a walk on the beach last Sunday but it was quite blowy, so retreated to this cafe in the town. Two good honest mugs of builders tea, two pound!

I’ve no real particular attraction to filters, but the original of this photo was quite ‘busy’ and my filter shenanigans seemed to simplify the scene and give it a slightly more bleak atmosphere. Probably should have just gone for a grainy b/w. Anyway, I’m tucked up for the night but I’ll post up the ‘before’ image as soon I get a chance.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Hehe, the TG server crashed when I was posting. (server unavailable 503). Can a mod please delete posts #9, #10 and this one (#12). Thanks

yeh I got a database error message too trying to amend a post in another thread

I expect the lockdown is going to hit the local economy of places like Bridlington hard...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Well spotted, it is Brid. We went for a walk on the beach last Sunday but it was quite blowy, so retreated to this cafe in the town. Two good honest mugs of builders tea, two pound!

I’ve no real particular attraction to filters, but the original of this photo was quite ‘busy’ and my filter shenanigans seemed to simplify the scene and give it a slightly more bleak atmosphere. Probably should have just gone for a grainy b/w. I’m tucked up for the night but I’ll post up the ‘before’ image as soon I get a chance.
    I love that part of the world, though I was involved in a nasty car crash just outside Bridlington on one visit (nobody seriously hurt - I was passing a tractor towing some farm equipment, when the driver turned right into a field as I was next to him).

We holidayed in Amotherby, several years in a row, took the kids on lots of walks.

I'm probably a bit cranky about the filter, I'm absolutely not a fan!

I hope the Cafe can survive this.

Paul

Here's the full colour photo...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cafe.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	126608

Re filters: I think it good to have strong opinions about what you like and what you don't.

For casual use I'm fine about using filters, especially if it's blatantly obvious like my original post hopefully was, but as a general rule I don't like to be hoodwinked (deceived by false appearance) without prior warning!

I'm mainly a point and shoot snapper and tend to just take snapshots on my phone to remind me when and where I was, and record ideas for reference and research later.

It's worrying times for many of small businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Here's the full colour photo...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cafe.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	126608

I tend to just take snapshots on my phone to remind me when and where I was, and record ideas for reference and research later.
    Me too, thanks Jono I like this colored photo. Different feeling from the other.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I quite like this. I always enjoy seeing your work Jonopen