Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 16 pdf error

ok thanks again - to you both

so it's an issue - because in XDP15.1 it imports no problem - hey ho
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

However, now that V17.0 of PRO is out, the chances of a BUG fix for P&GD 16 are exactly ZERO. You will be told to upgrade ... or renew your "subscription".
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

hence the 'hey ho'

well the 30 GBP I spent on this, yet again half baked release, is but a taxi fare in real life and I am saving on those right now big time, however it pushes me ever closer to affinity [@mike serif]...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    However, now that V17.0 of PRO is out, the chances of a BUG fix for P&GD 16 are exactly ZERO. You will be told to upgrade ... or renew your "subscription".
    Doesn't bother me. I'll upgrade.

Same happens with other software. That said, Quark will bug fix more critical bugs one version back. But something this may or may not end up in a patch in the previous version.
    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ...however it pushes me ever closer to affinity [@mike serif]...

Reality is that the Affinity applications are full of bugs and, when a new dot release comes out, it may/does have regressions. Recent point in fact, the initial 1.8 release when bugs were still being found right and left--and then a quick patch for those and, well, not so smooth either. Like it or not, Adobe applications are the most bug-less I use. For the most part. An exception is the latest release of ID CC. It was the worst in recent memory.

I blame the current status of buggy software on the release cycles that companies these days have gone to coupled with customer expectations.

But as you (often) say, hey ho. My typical saying is, it is what it is.

Like it or not, Adobe applications are the most bug-less I use
    of course you get what you pay for [assuming you have basic common sense when you choose] so that is really to be expected

I have yet to get an issue with affinity regression; xara has been messing with my workflow since 2007 as I reminisced here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-fil-behaviour

hey ho
    Nothing lasts forever...