I have a client that wants to make some updates to their site and upload files on their own. Not an easy task with Xara, it wasn't designed for that.

In my search, I came across PHPjabbers scripts. I played around with their demo and it looked good. At $29 for the developer version, it was reasonable to give it a try. My client's site is actually built with WYSIWYG Web Builder so I tested that first. It works just fine. Gee, wonder if this will work with Xara? There are two options to embed in a website; PHP or javascript. The PHP was a no go due to where the three pieces of code have to be placed on the page. But there is a js version that you just put the code in a Xara placeholder that Simple CMS calls a Section. Ten minutes later I have a test page up and working. Pretty psyched. There is a simple online dashboard where you make edits.

Here is a shortlist of what I have figured out it can do so far:

-Allow clients to edit a text headline
-Allow clients to edit an article (text box)
-Allow clients to change out pictures
-Allow clients to upload files
-Allow clients to create links so visitors can download the files that are uploaded
-Restrict the "Sections" on a site the client can edit
-Have multiple client staff members with different access to different sections to edit

Here are some of the real-world sites where I am looking to use this:

-Election results site
* Clients can upload a pdf with election results and edit the link on their site for the latest results
-Small restaurant client
* Client can edit the "Today's Special" section and/or upload a pdf with Today's Special
-Client can upload new banners to the seasonal section (They have an image they change out for Christmas, Thanksgiving, St Paddy's Day, Spring is Here, etc...

I am only 2 days into testing but it looks promising - definitely at 5 Stars!. If I run into serious issues I will update this post.

https://www.phpjabbers.com/simple-cms/