Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default A bit blown away..

..by what Affinity are doing right now.

Trial periods for their software extended to 90 days (offer open until April 20).
    Prices reduced to 50% (offer open until April 20).

And..

"A pledge to engage more than 100 freelance creatives for work, spending the equivalent of our annual commissioning budget in the next three months"

Good for them - especially spending money now when creatives are struggling.

Default Re: A bit blown away..

They have definitely stepped up.

Astonishing! Such a thoughtful response from the good people at Affinity. Thanks, Paul for making things seem just a bit brighter.
    There are other companies, not far from here who could learn a thing or two from this generous gesture. A great share!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

The company's name is Serif. Serif makes the line of applications known as Affinity Publisher, Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo. But I digress...

It is a wonderful gesture from a company that's been around since 1987.

(One of their main programmers worked for Xara once upon a time.)

----

My only issue is which one to buy ...

The money once earmarked for XP&GD 17.0 is now surplus to requirements as for me, V17.0 is a non event.

Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer ... Bearing in mind I have XP&GD, I think that PHOTO is winning at the moment, however, there seems to be such a large crossover that it's virtually a toss up. Anyone have a argument either way ...

Most of my work (read that as play) is photo composites ... cards ... minor graphics ... banners ... posters. I'm really not an artist ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    My only issue is which one to buy ...

The money once earmarked for XP&GD 17.0 is now surplus to requirements as for me, V17.0 is a non event.

Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer ... Bearing in mind I have XP&GD, I think that PHOTO is winning at the moment, however, there seems to be such a large crossover that it's virtually a toss up. Anyone have a argument either way ...

Most of my work (read that as play) is photo composites ... cards ... minor graphics ... banners ... posters. I'm really not an artist ...
    Download the trials, play, make your own decision.

Hello ss-kalm

Affinity, which one?

I have used Serif legacy products since 1987. I now have Affinity Publisher. Can recommend it. I also have Designer and Photo, but not competent with them.

By what you write, Publisher would seem to suit you. £23.99 is an incredible bargain. In fact, the whole suite for under £75 for a lifetime use with upgrades!!! I paid over £150 over a period of time, and was still happy. They stopped support for Serif WebPlus in 2014 when they began the Affinity programmes.

I like Xara Web Design Premium. Has the same feel.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The company's name is Serif. Serif makes the line of applications known as Affinity Publisher, Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo. But I digress...

(One of their main programmers worked for Xara once upon a time.)
    Most of us regulars, Bob included will already know this

We had an administrator here ten years ago who was forever saying 'Xara' is the company not the software.. did anyone ever take any notice.. does it actually matter most of the time...

Good for them, they know how to get market share...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

a lifetime use with upgrades!!!
    Sorry to burst the bubble but you pay once for the 1.xxxx version that can be used indefinitely,if one wants to upgrade to version 2.xxxx,3.xxxx you'll have to pay again.
    Other than that,it still is a bargain though the original pricing is already a steal.
    Three programs for almost as much as an upgrade from DesignerPro
    Last edited by haakoo; 20 March 2020 at 10:01 PM.