Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Image Filenanes

Default Image Filenanes

This new feature hasn't made much of a fanfare re the new release but I believe it's a great improvement. At last you can have meaningful image names rather than Xara's previously random generated and constantly changing image filenames.

Image filenames

You can now control the filename with which any image is published in a website or web document, which can help SEO and your position in image search. Select the object and open Utilities > Web Properties > Image tab. In the Image section of the dialog you can set the preferred filename to be used. If the filename is not unique within the current website/document, Designer will append a number to the name to make it unique.
    I haven't had enough time to check yet but I believe this will also eradicate the BIG issue with using the previous 'filename=image" naming convention that led to issues between variant image quality.

So in my opinion the Developers deserve a big pat on the back. Thanks Dev's.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Image Filenanes

Egg, I too thought it was fine until I tried using it.

Thank you for Image Filenames. I see that multiple copies on the page only require one uploaded image.
    It is a pity that the simple rotation of an image or scaling or a Live Copy requires it to be numbered.
    No one thought about adding the Image Filename option to the Photo pop-up.
    Or some tie up with the Name gallery and the Page & Layer gallery.
    It is a bolt-on that followed a route I proposed a long time back but fails to exploit basic CSS or link into earlier bolt-ons like the renaming of an object in the Page & Layer gallery, the Status Line or the Name gallery or the Names pop-up.

I am now expect to open the Web Properties > Image to see where I have added something.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Image Filenanes

Totally agree with your points Acorn. I didn't say it was perfect but a big move in the right direction.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host