Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Delivering 'Pantone Files' for Printer Using Spot Colors

I'm not sure exactly how to export for this in Xara, can anyone help? This is for the printing press, not personal xerox printer. I assume it contains order of printing for overprinting, registration marks, etc.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Delivering 'Pantone Files' for Printer Using Spot Colors

All Pantone colors or Pantone and CMYK colors?

I think as long as your colors are designated Pantone colors they should appear fine in the PDF/X document.

I applied Pantone colors to three objects including text and exported as PDF/X-4

In Acrobat > Tools > Ink Manager the three spot colors appear. The presence of CMYK colors are indicated too but there is nothing in the document that is CMYK. And a printer printing only Pantone colors would just not process the CMYK colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ink Manager.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	126553  

Default Re: Delivering 'Pantone Files' for Printer Using Spot Colors

Thanks I'll give it a shot. I'm running a little blind here since there's two middle men between the printers and I, and I don't even know what company is doing the printing so I can't just call them up and ask.

Much appreciated!
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com