Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Designer Premium 17

I have received an email today which announces the launch of Xara Designer 17. Does this mean that Xara Web Designer Premium 17's release is imminent?

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Premium 17

yes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    yes
    Do you have any sense of when?

no...only XaraMagix can say when, but on past performance once one is released they all are within a matter of weeks, unless there are unforseen snags
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, handrawn.

I'm interested to see if they've added support for hi-dpi displays. I can't see mention of this on the website, but really hope they've done this. It's long overdue.

The announcement was made today that an update was available for Designer Pro X 16. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...X&goto=newpost

To the best of my knowledge there is no added support for 4K displays. And my guess is the same will apply to Web Designer.

I agree with Gary - 4k support is not likely - I don't have issue with 2K at 100%
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's becoming ridiculous though. The vast majority of users are on hi-dpi displays now, and for design software, it's really important that it gives the most accurate display possible.

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    It's becoming ridiculous though. The vast majority of users are on hi-dpi displays now, and for design software, it's really important that it gives the most accurate display possible.
    Note the Xara wording:
    Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Don’t read too much into the version number change, this is driven by retail channel considerations, not necessarily a reflection on the substance of the update.
    Optimists could therefore hold out for v17.1 having major revisions, or is that v17.2. No sorry, the pessimist has captured this Post.

You must applaud Xara for stringing things out for so long. I see no evidence of developer investment. Gosh, look! We updated an XML file to bring you some more Google Fonts - something that could have been done many months ago. Oh, we've adding some 40 Templates to the Online Content Catalogue (OCC) as we've linked it so tightly into the application version, we can't do updates monthly, weekly or daily like Nicepage. We created a new feature to allow you to name your Images but we couldn't be bothered to apply it to our OCC NavBars.

I enjoy proclaiming Xara will never do something on the chance I might be proven wrong: decouple IE dependency, replace the obsolescent web server, upversion jQuery v1.11.1, update ani.css for 2014, integrate SmartShapes, sort out the UI for 4k monitors, ...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's not really V17 though is it. At least Kate was being honest. I was waiting for V17 to upgrade, but this is barely 16.3.5 ... So no upgrade on the cards for a while. I don't see anything worth getting excited about.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.