Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Please keep this chat related to the release. You can start your own post to discuss websites in the web chat forums
    but this thread is in the graphics forum....

website discussion ?

just shows where the focus is...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There was in reply to a previous message about websites that was removed.

However same applies here in this thread, keep the discussion about the release.

Again, thanks, Rob.
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    website discussion ?

just shows where the focus is...
    Seems you can't avoid taking a shot. Why?
    ~Fred

The question is if it really matters if there is a shot or not.

Xara chose, this time, to announce in TG Announcements and this Forum but omitted the Web Design one. The Announcements one was initially open but is not Closed so I knew that any discussion had to begin here: with no place to cover web aspects of v17.0 then here becomes the natural resting place.
    I rattled out a few observations on the actual update mechanism, web component additions and updates and new features. As far as I am concerned, XDPX is an integrated package and its user come into it from all directions.

To fragment away points into separate Threads all over is fine for Xara but fails us.
    Ideally, we should all raise single issue matters as a Dear Xara Thread but as experience shows these are almost never responded to.

So my "shot" is if Xara took our concerns seriously and replied then the shots would be wasted and would wither. Shots indicate a disquiet and a handrawn shot is a good belweather.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This thread was opened because normal users can't reply to the announcement thread if they have any questions about V17, in regards to any part of it. The previous comments about website were not related to V17 and therefore can go over into the web forums. That's all. I don't want to hear about any other comments in this particular thread unless its related to V17.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    There was in reply to a previous message about websites that was removed.
    I am expected to know this how...? - but thanks for telling me.. now I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C
    Seems you can't avoid taking a shot. Why?
    because i am not a yes man

because I am still here trying to help others on a regular basis, where I can

because xaramagix are milking the update service for all it is worth

and finally because it is not taking a shot, it is calling to account

ok Rob last you will hear from me in this thread, I hear what you say..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I’m confused as well. I really thought that DPX17 was a completely new version, but I’ve figured out the base name is Designer Pro X, then the versions are dumped onto that. I have X16, so this upgrade is X17. @xara how about calling the product X, then say VERSION 6 upgrade to VERSION 7 in the actual email alerts. Sorry, just a little confusing for the average Joe Sixpack.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I’m confused as well. I really thought that DPX17 was a completely new version, but I’ve figured out the base name is Designer Pro X, then the versions are dumped onto that. I have X16, so this upgrade is X17. @xara how about calling the product X, then say VERSION 6 upgrade to VERSION 7 in the actual email alerts. Sorry, just a little confusing for the average Joe Sixpack.
    More than likely they (Magix/Xara) are just throwing a bone out. Honestly, I have a deep feeling that this company really is only in if for the money - absolutely no heart&soul in their product. Once, definitely, but now they are looking at this as a cash cow. Great product, but hinging on people wanting "the latest"... even though the latest is the same 'ol.

I was able to upgrade to X17 on both of my devices (laptop and desktop).
    So I guess whatever bug was preventing activation has been fixed