Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

I’m confused as well. I really thought that DPX17 was a completely new version, but I’ve figured out the base name is Designer Pro X, then the versions are dumped onto that. I have X16, so this upgrade is X17. @xara how about calling the product X, then say VERSION 6 upgrade to VERSION 7 in the actual email alerts. Sorry, just a little confusing for the average Joe Sixpack.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I’m confused as well. I really thought that DPX17 was a completely new version, but I’ve figured out the base name is Designer Pro X, then the versions are dumped onto that. I have X16, so this upgrade is X17. @xara how about calling the product X, then say VERSION 6 upgrade to VERSION 7 in the actual email alerts. Sorry, just a little confusing for the average Joe Sixpack.
    More than likely they (Magix/Xara) are just throwing a bone out. Honestly, I have a deep feeling that this company really is only in if for the money - absolutely no heart&soul in their product. Once, definitely, but now they are looking at this as a cash cow. Great product, but hinging on people wanting "the latest"... even though the latest is the same 'ol.