Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17,559

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Please keep this chat related to the release. You can start your own post to discuss websites in the web chat forums
    but this thread is in the graphics forum....

    website discussion ?

    just shows where the focus is...
    -------------------------------
    carpe diem
    carpo vitae

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Xara HQ, Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    There was in reply to a previous message about websites that was removed.

    However same applies here in this thread, keep the discussion about the release.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    Again, thanks, Rob.
    ~Fred

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    website discussion ?

    just shows where the focus is...
    Seems you can't avoid taking a shot. Why?
    ~Fred

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    11,356

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    The question is if it really matters if there is a shot or not.

    Xara chose, this time, to announce in TG Announcements and this Forum but omitted the Web Design one. The Announcements one was initially open but is not Closed so I knew that any discussion had to begin here: with no place to cover web aspects of v17.0 then here becomes the natural resting place.
    I rattled out a few observations on the actual update mechanism, web component additions and updates and new features. As far as I am concerned, XDPX is an integrated package and its user come into it from all directions.

    To fragment away points into separate Threads all over is fine for Xara but fails us.
    Ideally, we should all raise single issue matters as a Dear Xara Thread but as experience shows these are almost never responded to.

    So my "shot" is if Xara took our concerns seriously and replied then the shots would be wasted and would wither. Shots indicate a disquiet and a handrawn shot is a good belweather.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Xara HQ, Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    This thread was opened because normal users can't reply to the announcement thread if they have any questions about V17, in regards to any part of it. The previous comments about website were not related to V17 and therefore can go over into the web forums. That's all. I don't want to hear about any other comments in this particular thread unless its related to V17.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17,559

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    There was in reply to a previous message about websites that was removed.
    I am expected to know this how...? - but thanks for telling me.. now I understand

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred C
    Seems you can't avoid taking a shot. Why?
    because i am not a yes man

    because I am still here trying to help others on a regular basis, where I can

    because xaramagix are milking the update service for all it is worth

    and finally because it is not taking a shot, it is calling to account

    ok Rob last you will hear from me in this thread, I hear what you say..
    -------------------------------
    carpe diem
    carpo vitae

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Melfort, Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    I’m confused as well. I really thought that DPX17 was a completely new version, but I’ve figured out the base name is Designer Pro X, then the versions are dumped onto that. I have X16, so this upgrade is X17. @xara how about calling the product X, then say VERSION 6 upgrade to VERSION 7 in the actual email alerts. Sorry, just a little confusing for the average Joe Sixpack.
    Bill Wood
    Expresiv Designs.
    Charity Web Design
    Xara Designer 5, Xd10, WD 365, WD Premium 12

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Im confused as well. I really thought that DPX17 was a completely new version, but Ive figured out the base name is Designer Pro X, then the versions are dumped onto that. I have X16, so this upgrade is X17. @xara how about calling the product X, then say VERSION 6 upgrade to VERSION 7 in the actual email alerts. Sorry, just a little confusing for the average Joe Sixpack.
    More than likely they (Magix/Xara) are just throwing a bone out. Honestly, I have a deep feeling that this company really is only in if for the money - absolutely no heart&soul in their product. Once, definitely, but now they are looking at this as a cash cow. Great product, but hinging on people wanting "the latest"... even though the latest is the same 'ol.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

    I was able to upgrade to X17 on both of my devices (laptop and desktop).
    So I guess whatever bug was preventing activation has been fixed

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •