Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Transform tool

Default Transform tool

I am looking for transform tool that I use quite a lot in CorelDraw, I use it to make copy of objects with angle, like minute marker on watch face. What is the equivalent tool in Xara? I read the manual but cannot find it.

Info Re: Transform tool

Quote Originally Posted by flim View Post
    I am looking for transform tool that I use quite a lot in CorelDraw, I use it to make copy of objects with angle, like minute marker on watch face. What is the equivalent tool in Xara? I read the manual but cannot find it.
    Set up your minute marker at 12 o'clock.
    Clone and place at 6 o'clock.
    Group.
    Clone and rotate 60.
    Repeat another 29 times.
    Ungroup all or Group.

Create a 60-point star.
    Rotate 30.

There will be other methods.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Transform tool

Xara does not have this. I think what you are looking for is a repeat last step command, Ctrl R I think it was. So if you rotated a tick mark 2 degrees you can press Ctrl R and it will continue to repeat the last action. Is this correct?

We have asked for this since I switched from CorelDRAW. But no luck.

Info Re: Transform tool

Create a Scatter Brush of a minute shape and apply the Brush to a Circle.

Adjust the Line width or Edit Brush > Spacing to fit.

Convert Line to Shapes and Ungroup.

Xara-Second(s) to None.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Create a Scatter Brush of a minute shape and apply the Brush to a Circle.

Adjust the Line width or Edit Brush > Spacing to fit.

Convert Line to Shapes and Ungroup.

Xara-Second(s) to None.xar

Acorn
    Thanks. I think the transform tool is a must, even Inkscape has similar tool long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by flim View Post
    Thanks. I think the transform tool is a must, even Inkscape has similar tool long time ago.
    I don't object to the aspiration. I try and make do with what I have. I can jump in and out of a CAD program or Inkscape as needed.
    Asking for a thing is difficult unless you can define all its expected User Stories.

I was just showing how creative you can be within the Xara Desktop.

These questions always spark interest, solution and discussion, all of which I am looking forward to.

Acorn