Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do you trim the page down to the contents in Photo & Graphic Designer?

try the other two bitmap size tab options
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: How do you trim the page down to the contents in Photo & Graphic Designer?

PS xara is not fireworks... I vaguely remember that program - didn't it have layered PNGs
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Hamslay View Post
    Let's say I want a circle with a 100px diameter. I create an A4 page and draw my circle. I want to then trim the page down to 100x100 so I export a 100x100 GIF and not an A4 size GIF with a tiny circle on it.
    Tim, your first Post seemed to indicate you wanted to save the design page as small as possible.

Try File > Export and select GIF. A 100px circle will export as a 100 px GIF with 96 DPI.

Usually, if you are just exporting shapes then select the shape then File > Export PNG. this is better thank GIF.
    Add a filename but then click the Settings button.
    In the Bitmap Size tab, chosen your H & W there or change the DPI.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    try the other two bitmap size tab options
    Blimey, I hadn't even stumbled across the Settings... button on the Export dialog box! Xara seems incredibly powerful but hard to use. Kind of like the Linux command line of graphics applications.

@ acorn if you want to resize it....

@Tim all programs have a learning curve ...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    PS xara is not fireworks... I vaguely remember that program - didn't it have layered PNGs
    That's right. Fireworks was superb. I've used it daily for years but a new PC last week means no more Fireworks as it's impossible to activate it now Adobe took the servers down. I am wondering now whether to also keep the old PC just for Fireworks and use remote desktop!!!

I think I was expecting to be able to reduce the page/canvas size down to the objects within it. I didn't realise that an export would only export the selected objects no matter the blank page around them. I guess it's just a different way to do it.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

you are welcome

xara is a vector program; objects are all seperate in the workspace, independent of the page
    Nothing lasts forever...