Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Info Re: The Xara Desktop Applications with and without the Update Service

For interest, update of Affinity range (Publisher, Designer, Photo) from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2 was: Download: Update > Yes > (Setup completed successfully) > Close.

@Xara - go figure it out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The Xara Desktop Applications with and without the Update Service

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    From the way you talk if I run virtual machine if my computer fails I can still keep my updates am I correct in what I am thinking your saying?
    As long as the virtual machine is backed up, external to your computer, you just copy it back in. A VM is just a bunch of files in a folder. You would have to reinstall the host program.

Lou
    Edit: Should mention that there are restrictions in the video drivers. The "video card" is the one provided by the host program. In my case, that is the VMware driver, not the hardware driver by my video card manufacturer. This can be restrictive for things like 3D.
    Last edited by louyo; 19 March 2020 at 06:40 PM.

I think I like this idea of a virtual machine, is it real hard to set up. I know someone suggested in another thread to wait till v17.1 so they will get the bugs out so I'm waiting until then to buy back in. But I sure like the idea that I would not lose my updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    For interest, update of Affinity range (Publisher, Designer, Photo) from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2 was: Download: Update > Yes > (Setup completed successfully) > Close.

@Xara - go figure it out.

Acorn
    Yip - really simple. I'm running Designer & Photo too - really impressed with them besides a couple of niggles

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Yip - really simple. I'm running Designer & Photo too - really impressed with them besides a couple of niggles
    All, in Xara's defence of its delivery around Xara Designer Pro+, this is now as simple.

Those on Magix Update Service delivery for the other XDAs - no change from Magix.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry I could not follow that upgrade document. I just don't get it.

I believe there has been an update but my desktop program XDP is saying I am up to date. I can't find how to update to 2020 without having to sign up to the online service which I will never use. Is this the end of the road? Are we forced to have the online program to get the update to the program that I already own and which has several months left on its renew cycle?

So tired of all this. It used to be so simple. And what we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    All, in Xara's defence of its delivery around Xara Designer Pro+, this is now as simple.

Those on Magix Update Service delivery for the other XDAs - no change from Magix.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Sorry I could not follow that upgrade document. I just don't get it.

I believe there has been an update but my desktop program XDP is saying I am up to date. I can't find how to update to 2020 without having to sign up to the online service which I will never use. Is this the end of the road? Are we forced to have the online program to get the update to the program that I already own and which has several months left on its renew cycle?

So tired of all this. It used to be so simple. And what we wanted.
    Yeah was better before the 365 in my opinion, seems like we have lost much of our user base since, could this be one of the reasons TG is suffering and no longer the fun and vital place it once was?

EDIT: We do not OWN the program but lease it.
    Last edited by wizard509; 20 August 2020 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Adding text
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Yeah was better before the 365 in my opinion, seems like we have lost much of our user base since, could this be one of the reasons TG is suffering and no longer the fun and vital place it once was?

EDIT: We do not OWN the program but lease it.
    Thanks.

So can I get the August update or not? It’s not coming in if I try manually from the Check for Updates.

Ali

if you are still have an active update service and are still on version 16, download the latest version 17 and install it using the activation key you were given when you purchased version 16

magix update service does not cross version numbers afaik
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you are still have an active update service and are still on version 16, download the latest version 17 and install it using the activation key you were given when you purchased version 16

magix update service does not cross version numbers afaik

I already have the latest version afaik.

Getting so tired of this. It looks like xara’s desktop base is now being asked to prop up the online program. I can’t work out why else it’s being done this way.

It shouldn’t be this convoluted. Anything that needs a flow chart to work out isn’t clear enough.