Thank you!

From Xara's page: https://shared.xara.com/diNpZUgi2O/
(I bolded for emphasis from copy/paste below)

What happens to the Update Service after 365 days?
1. Do nothing, the Update Service expires and you will no longer receive any new features. The feature updates you have installed over the past 365 days will continue to run indefinitely, HOWEVER if you re-install your product on a new computer after the Update Service has expired then the new installation will fall back to the version you last purchased.

["Last purchase": This is where my confusion. Is last purchase the original purchase? (say in 2018), OR, is it the last renewal, say in 2020?]

2. Renew the Update Service. Your perpetual license will now be for the version current on the day of renewal. In addition, you will continue to get access to new feature and content updates for the next 365 days after renewal.

[#2 above seems to indicate that the date of renewal resets the clock. So, if I renewed in 2020, and then don't renew in 2021 or 2022, and if I had to re-install in 2023, I should at least get the 2020 major version, and not the 2018 version, which was the date of the original purchase]

Sorry, I know, I am probably not making sense. Grr. :-)