Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Xara Desktop Applications with and without the Update Service

there are two channels now

the one that updates through magix, whiere renewal is optional, but you lose access to OCC and some other stuff if you don't

the one that you can now get directly from xara, where renewal is not optional and if you don't renew you loose access to the entire program [this option is called 'pro+' and integrates with xara cloud]

if, as I suspect, you are on the first channel and happy to stay there, you don't really need to worry about any of this

if you post up your version number someone can verify you are up to date

the situation is not helped for those on the first channel by magix update notification system glitches
    Last edited by handrawn; 21 August 2020 at 08:16 AM. Reason: too loose with the spelling
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    there are two channels now

the one that updates through magix, whiere renewal is optional, but you lose access to OCC and some other stuff if you don't

the one that you can now get directly from xara, where renewal is not optional and if you don't renew you loose access to the entire program [this option is called 'pro+' and integrates with xara cloud]

if, as I suspect, you are on the first channel and happy to stay there, you don't really need to worry about any of this

if you post up your version number someone can verify you are up to date

the situation is not helped for those on the first channel by magix update notification system glitches
    Thank you very much.

Incidentally, anyone having problems with the online content? Suddenly gone very slow to load, and reports security errors. Often won’t load...

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Thank you very much.

Incidentally, anyone having problems with the online content? Suddenly gone very slow to load, and reports security errors. Often won’t load...
    I have to admit, it's very slow here as well. I am on a verified 50Mbps connection and the Xara online content is extremely slow.

i have updated the website, http://acorn.xara.hosting/xda/, to reflect the inclusion of Xara Cloud+ & Xara Pro+ subscriptions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Excellent work for untangling these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    i have updated the website, http://acorn.xara.hosting/xda/, to reflect the inclusion of Xara Cloud+ & Xara Pro+ subscriptions.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,
    That is a comprehensive document superbly put together i must say
    i sort of had this confusion running around my mind many times.
    and really highlights the muddle Xara and Magix have caused with their merger.
    the persistent pop nag screen that we are not able to disable has now morphed
    into a new nag type screen?
    I have just clicked the dont show this again and then cancel and that seems to have stopped the nag screen ?
    did Magix /Xara actually listen and help us disable the nags?
    Kind regards
    Condor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renewal_pop_up_15_11_2020.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	128313

I also did not find the newer version installed alongside the previous version. Also one question Acorn. If I move from Pro to cloud. Does Xara when my subscription expires remains for me to use or I have to continue subscription?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	128314  

Info Re: The Xara Desktop Applications with and without the Update Service

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I also did not find the newer version installed alongside the previous version. Also one question Acorn. If I move from Pro to cloud. Does Xara when my subscription expires remains for me to use or I have to continue subscription?
    behzad, thanks for the screenshot! I failed to capture it when I updated. I, too, don't have access to any earlier version. There are backed-up versions on my machine but no detail as to re-instate them.

If you move to XPro+, you have two possible routes:
    1. Tell Xara you want your XPro+ Update Service remaining cover to be added to your new subscription.
    2. Allow the Magix Update Service (MUS) to run out so you would have access to all online content until that time.

If (1.), remember to use Download All to get assets into you local cache.

When subscribing, do remember to include the LIFETIME voucher code to get a forever 50% discount.

When your MUS has stopped, you can still use your XDPX application, just without on-line assets.
    No need to renew.

After your XPro+ up-front one year of subs has passed you can then choose to continue or stop and buy an update into the MUS all over again.
    It will be interesting to see if LIFETIME cover includes lengthy sabbaticals should you ever decide to resubscribe.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wow the lifetime deal is too good to resist. Thank you and soon I will join the ship or xara cloud sailers

Really apologize if this has been answered, but I looked at the excellent posts and Acorn's page as well.

Here's my scenario:

1. Say, I purchased XDPX in 2018) (I will call it XDPX Version 16)
    2. Say I have been using the update service every year, with the $129 update/renewal fee.
    3. Let's say in 2021, I don't renew.
    4. Now for some reason, I have to re-install XDPX on my new laptop, since my old is now dead.

Question: So, am I now going to get the 4 year old XDPX Version 16 ?? Even though I paid for 3 years worth of upgrades ?

Thank you!