Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Smile Re: If I buy Designer Pro X v16, will I get v17 for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The MagiXara fandango:

[Updated] Websites (51 OCC pages, 20,714 files, 2.22 GB) - a very long wait indeed.
    Night-night.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: If I buy Designer Pro X v16, will I get v17 for free?

So I had three fails with the Websites download:
    1. %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\17\Cache\designs\eng \websites\retrowebsites\websitethemes\sculpture\ is missing sculpture_gallery_page.xar, Gallery Page, , P,,,,,,1072909896.
    2. %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\17\Cache\designs\eng \websites\retrowebsites\websitethemes\homestore reported homestore_website.xar, Website, , P,,,,,,744166725 as missing but it then appeared in the download. Perhaps the CRC is wrong.
    3. Ditto %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\17\Cache\designs\eng \websites\singlepagewebsites\cameras\cameras_theme colorscheme_default.xar.

All could be hiccoughs in the servers but #1 does appear to be missing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: If I buy Designer Pro X v16, will I get v17 for free?

Yes you will if v17.0 is released within the period of your Update service.Acorn
    Is it any wonder there is distrust of Magix. I updated to XDP16 in August last year and thought I better get my free upgrade to 17 after reading this thread. In Help/About I got this message...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDPX17upgradeDenied.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	126581
    ... which made me see red! The wording of the paragraph at the bottom suggests that I MUST renew my subscription to get v17 - WRONG! I downloaded the demo, installed it and registered it with my v16 serial number. Bingo!

Is it a language barrier problem, or are Magix trying to trick people into paying more to get something they promised for free? Perhaps they have made their licensing system so convoluted even they can't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    Is it any wonder there is distrust of Magix. I updated to XDP16 in August last year and thought I better get my free upgrade to 17 after reading this thread. In Help/About I got this message...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDPX17upgradeDenied.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	126581
    ... which made me see red! The wording of the paragraph at the bottom suggests that I MUST renew my subscription to get v17 - WRONG! I downloaded the demo, installed it and registered it with my v16 serial number. Bingo!

Is it a language barrier problem, or are Magix trying to trick people into paying more to get something they promised for free? Perhaps they have made their licensing system so convoluted even they can't understand it.
    I have raised exactly the same point: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...765#post621765.

Acorn

I have raised exactly the same point...

Acorn
    Great minds...