Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Cool Did you know... II

If you have bought Xara Web Designer Premium (XWDP), it has much of the functionality as Xara Designer Pro X (XDPX).
    Some of the missing functions would be useful to access in XWDP as you could at least use them even if you could not Edit.
    Well Xara Xtreme 5 Silver (XX5S) is still available and can act as your Editor for these missing functions.

Download XX5S from http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...08_08_2012.exe. [225.15MB]
    Xara also has a Xara Xtreme Pro 5 download [69.96MB], which is a different beast.

What do you get?

• An application that runs out of the box with no registration or licence needed.
    • Access to a Designs Gallery with an interesting collection of content, usable in XWDP.
    • Utilities > Bitmap Tracer. Not the best but the same as in XDPX.
    • Utilities > Galleries > Name gallery. Use Stretches with Named Text and Shapes to create Photo Stretch Panel and stretchy Buttons.
    • Freehand & Brush Tool > Create Brush. These are Scatter brushes but they are very powerful in their capabilities. Use Create Brush then Edit Brush.
    • Contour Tool.
    • Blend Tool.
    • Live Effects Tool. Still works as it is a 32-bit application.

Limitations:
    • 32-bit application.
    • I open XX5S first as it otherwise hangs. You might need to load it as Run as administrator. I find it hangs on restart if another Xara Desktop application had been open - just quit and reopen.
    • Old-style Transparencies.
    • Doesn't understand Variants and Supersites.
    • I just can not get used to the gallery windows opening and finding them in their last position. It is just so uncanny!

Do open the Help files of XX5S and XWDP and discover other functions that I have not covered.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Did you know... II

nice one

i remember the pre dock galleries
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Acorn, Ths prompted me to look at me past versions to see if I had it but alas no. I do have X1, 2.0f, v9,and v11 as well as XDP8, V9 and v11 still installed.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Thank you Acorn, Ths prompted me to look at me past versions to see if I had it but alas no. I do have X1, 2.0f, v9,and v11 as well as XDP8, V9 and v11 still installed.
    You can download and install it regardless of purchase; it was a magazine freebie originally.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK Thanks Acorn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Oh, I forgot to mention: no Magix! It was just about this time I believe it started cooperating with Xara.

Acorn