Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Out of update service upgrade help

I have both XDPX 16.0.0.55162 of which I have complained about all I have lost of no fault of my own. I also have XWD 16.3.0.57723 of which I have lost nothing so I can open my website without getting the error "This file was produced by a different or newer version of the program. It contains some data that will be ignored." I am thinking of redoing my update service but my question is should I update XDPX for $129 or XWD premium for $49 as I can still design buttons etc. for the website in XDPX and do the actual website work in XWD. I guess my question is is there any advantage in spending the extra $80 other than the fact that I could do all my work in one program without having to switch between programs occasionally. Otherwise saving $80 sounds good to me if there are no other advantages. Any comments appreciated!

Default Re: Out of update service upgrade help

The error message only indicates that you created the site with a newer version. Unless you have used features unique to the update then everything is still OK.

Only upgrade for Designer Pro if you really need the features. If you do a lot of paid work, then this is the best all around product. You can do print, photo editing, and websites. But if you don't need these additional capabilities then I would upgrade to Web Designer Premium.

Actually just clicked the upgrade option in XWD and forgetting premium and just going with plain XWD I can get it for $29 a savings of $100. And no Gary I do no paid work other than a few logo's for friends. All of my actual work is on my own personal website. I've shown it before here asking questions about things I wasn't sure of and had my questions answered by the likes of you, Acorn and Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    I have both XDPX 16.0.0.55162 of which I have complained about all I have lost of no fault of my own. I also have XWD 16.3.0.57723 of which I have lost nothing so I can open my website without getting the error "This file was produced by a different or newer version of the program. It contains some data that will be ignored." I am thinking of redoing my update service but my question is should I update XDPX for $129 or XWD premium for $49 as I can still design buttons etc. for the website in XDPX and do the actual website work in XWD. I guess my question is is there any advantage in spending the extra $80 other than the fact that I could do all my work in one program without having to switch between programs occasionally. Otherwise saving $80 sounds good to me if there are no other advantages. Any comments appreciated!
    Xara hides a number of functions in the User Interface in XWDP but essentially the program has the same capabilities as its bigger brother. Once you have create a Shape in XDPX, you would be able to manipulate it in XWDP with you hardly noticing any limitation. The alert you get if you create in XWDP and got to a slightly earlier version of XDPX is probably only going to affect some SmartShapes that you can determine by looking at the What's New part of the Release Notes. Yes, there are other things that happened in the year so search http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ for 2019 and make you decisions form those.

If it were me I would be more than happy to build a website in XDPX v15.1.0 and even go back as far as XWDP v11.2.5, so save your money and raise more Qs in TG, far cheaper.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Actually just clicked the upgrade option in XWD and forgetting premium and just going with plain XWD I can get it for $29 a savings of $100. And no Gary I do no paid work other than a few logo's for friends. All of my actual work is on my own personal website. I've shown it before here asking questions about things I wasn't sure of and had my questions answered by the likes of you, Acorn and Egg.
    I would never touch Xara Web Designer, stick with Premium. Premium upgrade is only $50.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat