Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cost of update

Default cost of update

Hello.

I am currently running the trail of Xara Web designer and considering purchase, which I can obtain for £25. However it seems as it is yearly commitment for update. Is this expensive? Can anyone tell me the current cost of an upgrade. Hope you can help
    Thank you.

Ross

Default Re: cost of update

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The "update service" provides access to the updates and bug fixes, online content, templates, photos, etc. But once you purchase the product you own it. All the tools and features you have when you purchase the product remain. But to get new features, updates, etc. requires the yearly fee. Or if you skip a year or two, an upgrade price.

The purchase price covers the first year which includes updates. Understand that. Upgrade price after the first year is..?

https://www.magix.com/us/photo-graph...-designer-pro/

Not sure what the price is to renew your update service. I think it is around $100+ but I am not sure.

Has anybody renewed your Update Service recently and if so what did it cost?

Info Re: cost of update

Ross, do not buy Web Designer, save up and buy Web Designer Premium. Gary was trying to flog Xara's far more expensive product.

Upgrading is usually 70% a year.

Web Designer Web Designer Premium
    New £35 £50
    Upgrade £20 £35
    Differences Over 35 website templates
    Over 500 design elements

Over 240 website templates
    Over 1,000 design elements
    Over 130 photo filters
    Animations & Effects
    Advanced image editing
    2 GB web storage & domain*
    *The domain alone is "worth" over £20.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I flog not.

And, you should read through the link in this sticky to understand about the Update Service. There is no obligation to renew at the end of a year, but there is a limitation if you should ever have to reinstall.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

but there is a limitation if you should ever have to reinstall.
    so think very carefully whether you wish to have that hand tied behind your back - and remember, the company exists to make money, reflect on how they do that and what your other options may be...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

gwpriester
    Thank you for the information.

Acorn
    Thank you for the table.
    As I read it
    Xara Premium
    £50 for purchase for one year which includes a Domain name.
    £35 for the update per year following, which includes the domain name.

A lot to think about. As a retired silver surfer trying to rekindle my interest in web design (originally with Serif WebPlus) I would like to bring my skills up to date. If a domain is included, then I will be obligated to update. Hmmm!

I don't need extras as I already have Serif Affinity. Photo, Designer and Publisher. All were one-off purchases with life updates.

I do like the Xara programme. It is virtually Serif WebPlus, but up to date. Serif ended 'Plus' programmes in 2015. Hence my interest in Xara. Therefore I think I need to consider the following. Xara Web Designer or Premium. £25 or £50 with more facilities.

Thank you once again to all for your help and information.

Ross

No it is not expensive if your making money off of it. If your a designer and having clients, your first small project will pay off for it. It is also a business cost. If your hobbyist then there are many free applications out there to use. Sorry not being mean or anything.