Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Frame Handles Issue

Folks,
    I am hoping there is a simple answer that I'm overlooking. I recently updated my Designer package from v12 to v16. As you know we get this new selection handle for objects with a number of tools embedded.

What I'd like to know, can I change back to get the standard dots around the object which allowed me to deform the object. The only way I found to 'somewhat' go back to the other tool is to group the object. I then get the old selection handles back, but when I try to deform, the response is like the object is still in a frame and moves around in odd ways.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to call these two types of selection handles so it makes it difficult to investigate.
    I attached a picture to help explain what I'm talking about.
    Thanks for any assistance you can offer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Frame Question.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	126503

Default Re: Frame Handles Issue

Switch to the Selector Tool then click the Show Selection Bounds Handles icon.

I cannot remember if there is a way to turn off that feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Show Selection Bounds Handles.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	126504  

This is the Squishy/Squashy Saga. Lots of past Posts: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atal...=v199-1&ia=web.

With the Selector tool active, right-click on the Lock aspect ratio Icon (Padlock) and untick Smart transform. Xara remembers what you have selected to do.

Alternatively, hold down the Alt key before dragging with the middle selection handles.
    It work for images, text and other Shapes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks GW and Acorn.
    Squishy/Squashy - That's a good name for it. I didn't know what to call it and have been living with it.
    Selecting "Show Selection Bounds Handles icon" then Right Mouse click on the "Lock Aspect Ratio" and deselecting "Smart Transform" did the trick. To get the new tool back I deselected the "Show Selection Bounds Handles icon" and rechecked the Smart Transform from the aspect ratio lock. I may have to refer back to this thread if I don't use it after a few weeks.
    Happy to have a solution.
    Thank you,