Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to add leadining to text with XDP16

sorry but I can't tind it. I remember it being easy in past versions but why can I not find it in v16
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: how to add leadining to text with XDP16

Hi Larry, I don't find the text tool very intuitive these days. However this is the best I can do:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	126469  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm not sure that XDP uses the term 'leading' in the typical typographical sense. I think the best you can do is use the line and paragraph spacing options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line-spacing.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	126470

(blurry screen capture is the result of using Windows 10 Ease of Access 'Make everything bigger' set to 125%)
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

also far right of the text tool infobar if you click on the button for advanced text bar you will get a baseline shift option that will displace the whole of your selected text block, and also kerning and other options

I never really use these because I rarely if ever layout text in xara - I just know they are there
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I'm not sure that XDP uses the term 'leading' in the typical typographical sense. I think the best you can do is use the line and paragraph spacing options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line-spacing.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	126470...
    This. Line spacing / leading can also, once set, be used to update or make a new text style.

Yes. The Line Spacing is set to percent by default. But this is what used to be called Leading by typesetters. You can change the amount to points. So if you are using 14 pt Times Roman and want 2 pt leading (14/16), change the setting to 16pt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you all, some I had found but will try your suggestions. I may try an older version and see if what I recalled is there.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: how to add leading to text with XDP16

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Larry, I don't find the text tool very intuitive these days. However this is the best I can do:
    Egg, which version is this dialog in?

I cannot nail it down with a menu or keypress.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat