Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing DLL

Default Re: Missing DLL

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    This forum is a saving grace for Xara. I hope you are appreciated by more than just the user group. Kind regards!
    personally I do this out of sheer boredom because in real-life i spend so much time hanging around waiting for paint to dry... oh, and i like being helpful if that is possible

acorn has given you another option; really it's the sort of issue i would want to deal with hands on.. not possible of course...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Thanks for all your help, gentlemen!

I tried to reinstall Premium 365 from My Account, as handrawn suggested, but received the same message as in #5. I did not uninstall first (would that be through Control Panel or Xara's uninstall?) Perhaps I should completely uninstall all and start again. Will I lose my data?

I am installing 64 bit. Should I use the 32 bit product?

Here's My Account status (without serial numbers), for your interest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara-MyAccount11.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	126484
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara-MyAccount22.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	126485
    Last edited by gwpriester; 07 March 2020 at 10:21 PM.

Would a Mod or Windjamer delete the Attached Thumbs showing the serial numbers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

if the reinistall, which is what the original error message advised you to try, did not work, I would wait to see what xara/magix have to say, unless acorn's suggestion helps
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Would a Mod or Windjamer delete the Attached Thumbs showing the serial numbers.

Acorn
    I'm confused. There are no serial numbers.

you posted up two sets - one set inserted into your post without and the other set as attachment after the post which were the issue, gary has removed them - it is easily done if you are not used to attaching to posts
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you posted up two sets - one set inserted into your post without and the other set as attachment after the post which were the issue, gary has removed them - it is easily done if you are not used to attaching to posts
    Thanks and thanks to Gary. I'll try to be more careful.

Handrawn and Acorn are correct here - this error message is common across many applications. It's caused by missing or corrupt DLL's that are installed by the MS C++ redist package. Normally uninstalling and reinstalling Web Designer will fix this, although you can install the packages manually. I believe you need 2008 and 2013 redists...

(please note - you will need to install both 64 and 32 bit versions as the cambridge.exe that makes the live effects plugins work actually is 32 bit, and will error out if 32 bit isn't installed. It won't stop the actual program from working though)

The other error message ('the application was unable to start'...) is normally caused by the dll not being registered, usually caused by permission issues in which case Acorns fix should work.

If your update service is out of date then it's unlikely that Magix will reply unfortunately.

thanks Rob...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks Rob...
    +1
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat