Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Why isn't Xara Designer Pro visible on Xara.com?

Hello

I just checked out xara.com but I can't find any links to Xara Designer Pro.

What is going on - Has Xara stopped developing XDP?

J

Default Re: Why isn't Xara Designer Pro visible on Xara.com?

go down to the bottom of the page a click on the desktop link for product
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Unhappy Re: Why isn't Xara Designer Pro visible on Xara.com?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    go down to the bottom of the page a click on the desktop link for product
    Ah yes I do see it now.

But let's be honest, it is almost completely hidden. Even on my high res screen (4K) I am having to scroll down about 10,000 pixels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delme-xara.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	126460

Not exactly reassuring for any prospective customers. Even if sales are now being handled by magix.com, I find it mind-blowing that they haven't even given a link to it in the top menu.

J

PS I am thinking of upgrading my XDP X10 at some point, even though it remains crippled by its failure to be compatible with high res screens (e.g. 4K). However I am not in any rush so I was planning to sign up for their newsletter and sit tight waiting to see if they give us a decent discount code at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    I am thinking of upgrading my XDP X10 at some point, even though it remains crippled by its failure to be compatible with high res screens (e.g. 4K). However I am not in any rush so I was planning to sign up for their newsletter and sit tight waiting to see if they give us a decent discount code at some point.
    What is remarkable is the attitude Xara has about this in that it thinks the revenues are good enough. A clear sight of a Cash Cow. Good enough de facto means Xara could do better.

Do hold off until version 17.1 is released. Don't jump into v17.0 as it is now clear that Xara has little intention of ensuring bug or patch releases are available.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it isn't just sales that magix handles, it is marketing too as far as the desktop goes, which is probably why xara's site is all cloud

that is not to say I disagree about the cash-cow, far from it...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Maybe the answer is that Xara Cloud is a revenue earner for Xara, while Xara desktop is a revenue earner for Magix?

I have a feeling Xara only makes money from Xara desktop because of a maintenance and development contract with Xara gmbh/Migix, so there's no incentive for direct sales on the Xara site ( besides some commission, maybe).

We talk as though Xara desktop belongs to Xara UK, but I don't think that's the case.

Do correct me if I'm wrong.