Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please tell me how to create a table . . . am very frustrated

Hi all,

I am new to Xara and think it is a tremendous program - once you find out how to use it!

It seems not very intuitive. One of my biggest frustrations has been trying to add a table. All of the data is in a CSV file, but I cannot figure how to import it (Or copy and paste it so that it shows correctly, for that matter).

The table is a long one, comprised of baseball stats from a league. If Xara does not allow for easy creation, is there a free third-party resource that can be used to create the table online and then copy it to the webpage?

Thanks for the help . . .

Info Re: Please tell me how to create a table . . . am very frustrated

I feel your pain.

This is what Xara offers (simplified):
    • Insert Table
    • Pick Table 09
    • Ignore CSV file and open your List in Excel or
    • Copy the rows of your List to the Clipboard or Google Spreadsheets
    • Back in your Table (09), use the Text Tool and click in the fist top-left cell (not the Table Caption)
    • Paste the data
    • Xara will ask (HTML Format, Unformatted text)
    • You must choose Unformatted text

I can just about manage to get Table 09 to accept a few hundred rows with a dozen columns but any slight mistake and Xara throws a wobbly.

For large data, I have to revert to https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...w-Table-Widget.
    For very large data, I have to link to the data so you get dragged into coding a lot more.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat