Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Custom Design Gallery

Has anyone else created their own section in the Design Gallery? If so, I have a question regarding the catindex,txt.

I have it working correctly by copying an existing one and editing, but I'm curious as to the , , C bit at the end of each line. What do they do?

My catindex looks like this:

# Assets index file
    Audio-Player-Desktop.web, Audio Player 960, , C
    Audio-Player-Mobile.web, Audio Player 480, , C
    iframe.web, iframe, , C
    Video.web, Embed Video, , C
    Marquee.web, Scrolling Marquee, , C
    Image-Filter.xar, Generate Image Effects, , C

The Image Filter is the CSS effect generator that Acorn posted.

Default Re: Custom Design Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Has anyone else created their own section in the Design Gallery? If so, I have a question regarding the catindex,txt.

I have it working correctly by copying an existing one and editing, but I'm curious as to the , , C bit at the end of each line. What do they do?

My catindex looks like this:

# Assets index file
    Audio-Player-Desktop.web, Audio Player 960, , C
    Audio-Player-Mobile.web, Audio Player 480, , C
    iframe.web, iframe, , C
    Video.web, Embed Video, , C
    Marquee.web, Scrolling Marquee, , C
    Image-Filter.xar, Generate Image Effects, , C

The Image Filter is the CSS effect generator that Acorn posted.
    Chris, so the data structure originates in !ArtWorks on Acorn (!) computers where an application directory started with a ! (bang)! [So many puns].
    At this level of logging the assets, I have always assumed the 'C' stood for "Component".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, what a disappointment. Not quite as bad as finding out Santa is an advert, but certainly a distant cousin.

I changed the C to a D, then I deleted the D and both comas. Still worked. , , C is totally irrelevant...devastating!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Well, what a disappointment. Not quite as bad as finding out Santa is an advert, but certainly a distant cousin.
    I changed the C to a D, then I deleted the D and both comas. Still worked. , , C is totally irrelevant...devastating!
    Perhaps Xara no longer knows either, save Mr Moir.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat