Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Variants not working

I'm trying to update my website but for some known reason my variants is not working its not showing the (") when I click on anything and when right click on anything its not showing I can add variants im very confused because only a month ago I could????

Default Re: Variants not working

Can you post a link?

You've probably set the file as a Print Document.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

the website is fine just when using the same software as I used last time to update my website the variants are not working im not if its because I need to pay for the newest update?

no that's not the reason thanks anyway

No, the software will work. What you do not get if you do not upgrade is access to the Online Content Catalogue contents.

Did you refresh the page in your browser or mobile device (the circular arrow, F5, or Ctrl + F5)?

Arrow Re: Variants not working

I couldn't make out what you were telling us as you left out punctuation and sentences.
    I'll paraphrase and you can correct me if I have got it wrong.
    "I'm trying to update my website but for some unknown reason my variants are not working. It's (The Xara Desktop application is) not showing the ('') when I click on anything and when right click on anything it's not showing I can Share with all variants. I'm very confused because, only a month ago, I could!"

From my reading of this, you have Variants populated with objects already.
    Now, for some reason, LiveShare has gone AWOL. You select an Object and no double line marker appears top right of the selection.

This could occur like the following. If you have selected a collection of Liveshared Objects and then Grouped them, no LiveShare indicator appears.
    The opposite can occur, if you Ungroup a Liveshared one, the Objects inside are not LiveShared individually.

You seem to be in a worse position as you cannot right-click and pick Website variants > Share with all variants or the other options.

Without looking at your design file, it will be difficult to unpick the fault.
    You also haven't advised if new shapes can be LiveShared.

Could you therefore try something else?
    Create a fresh Web document. Add some Shapes and Text. Then create a couple of Variants.
    Do the Objects have the LiveShare Indicator?

If so, your design file might have been corrupted.
    How far back do your Backups go?
    I'm not asking you to restore back to one of them, just to check if they appear all right.

With a bit more information, I am sure a TGer or even Xara will be able to sort you out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes you are correct the software is fine I started writing a new website and variants worked, do you know of a way I can fix the problem on my old website or do I have to start again

This might work. Go to the first page of your site, right click and select Copy Page.

Create a new document and then right click and select Paste Pages. This pastes the first page of your main site and the variant. Delete the blank page.

Test to see if this works.

If it does then copy and paste pages from the old document to the new.

This may or may not work, but it is something you can try.

Thank you that worked I very much appreciate the help