Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Setting up the new program, tweaks

In previous versions of Xara, I loaded other content from my own stash into the program.

I cant remember how I did it (so long ago) and can't seem to define in the options

For example:
    File New I added a few specific sizes
    bitmaps, brushes, clip art, fills, etc.

Colors I added my own preset palettes (just by opening a file with the colors in it, I had them available to use as I remember)

I'd also like to point 16 to my 11 resources. There may be duplication, but am sure there are some differences too.

I don't know that earlier versions of moulds and templates would be able to be brought in.

Do I just COPY some of these things into folders for 16? I remember teaching the program years ago to look here and here for content. Doesn't seem to offer that now. Maybe I'm remembering wrong program, or just not looking in the right place.

The old machine I have a folder in C: drive called "Use in Xara" for any additional content. I copied the folder to new machine.

(I searched the forum for File New, add content, and other words but obviously didn't use the right search words.)

Thank you for your assistance. Moving into a new machine and setting up preferences takes time, but is worth the effort in long run for time saved and comfort using the program...
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: Setting up the new program, tweaks

Not sure if this is what you are asking but I have a dozen folders of images I use. These are in individual folders.

In the Fill Gallery (and unfortunately this has to be done with updates and new versions) I select Disc Fills, navigate to the Folder, and if there is already a XaraInfo folder then I just click Update.

Quote Originally Posted by samrc View Post
    I'd also like to point 16 to my 11 resources. There may be duplication, but am sure there are some differences too.
    Local Designs galley > Disc designs > Path will be C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\11\Cache\designs or similar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Though I have used the program for years, it has been so long since I set it up.

I dreaded tweaks to get a new computer up and running, and getting the software the way you like it.
    -Samantha

Version 1.4.4.0 of Bill Taylor's and Steve Ledger's wonderfull XaReg could export and import settings from another copy of Xara. I've used it many times whenever I transferred to another PC. I've looked around but can't find a link easily. If you're interested I might send a copy.

in the select tool you may wish to right click on the padlock [lock aspect ratio] and untick smart transform - this will make the behaviour of manipulating objects closer to what it was - also on the select tool infobar far left, clicking show selection bounds handles will minimise the incidence of the blue handles should you wish to do that; they will always be there in certain tools though
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...