Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Clean your screen

This is one of those very old undocumented features that I use whenever I have artifacts and other detritus that is not part of your design on the page. And as the years go by this seems to happen more and more frequently.

Shift + Ctrl + Tand for whatever reason, a small dialog opens to tell you how quickly it was done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen clean.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	126453  

Default Re: Clean your screen

Do they do one for spectacles Gary?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, Did you get an insider tip or just work through all the key combinations to see what happens?

Jay - This is one of the really old features, one that I have been able to retain.

still use this myself, the odd artifact is thrown up every now and then on my system.. the metrics will be debug info
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Question Re: Clean your screen

I recalled your earlier mention so I had logged it into my records as:

241 HotKey 0x54 T Adjust Constrain Shift+Ctrl+T TimeDraw Dialog Window Displays a pop-up showing the time taken to redraw a page. Keeps a session history and average across multiple runs. I use it if I get drawing artefacts.

In passing, I am still trying to decipher this one. Do be careful:

66 HotKey 0x30 0 Constrain Alternative Ctrl+Alt+0 TemplateToolsDialog Dialog Window Developer tool - Need to unravel its full purpose.
    All links go to Anchors that the application handles...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ctrl+alt+0

[as I am sure you know] it is listed in custom key shortcuts as Template Saver - interesting seems to do more than that by the look of it, still beta then ?

[my CKS are set to classic]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ctrl+alt+0
    [as I am sure you know] it is listed in custom key shortcuts as Template Saver - interesting seems to do more than that by the look of it, still beta then ?
    [my CKS are set to classic]
    I raised it as it is dangerous for (Xara) Developers to just leave detritus around for punters to accidentally key into.

My keypress opens "Template Tools":

Template saving and importing:

Component saving and importing:
    Testing operations:
    Extend Stretch Text This page All
    Contract Stretch Text This page All
    Extend Push Text This page All
    Contract Push Text This page All
    Extend Other Text This page All
    Contract Other Text This page All
    Repeating Names This page All
    Show Names Enable Disable
    Maintenance:

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it reminds me of the registry keys that we can change - automatically deselect line after drawing is still one i use and wish were in the UI- experimenting in the registry can lead to 'interesting times'

have you tried any of the functions - I thought about it but it doesn't really apply to what i do....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it reminds me of the registry keys that we can change - automatically deselect line after drawing is still one i use and wish were in the UI- experimenting in the registry can lead to 'interesting times'
    have you tried any of the functions - I thought about it but it doesn't really apply to what i do....
    I think "Export Components" is the most damaging.

Acorn