Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro x 16 new install and update.

@Xara I paid extra for a CD of version 16 as I have always done, expecting the full program and all the resources.
    If the CD just has the same empty install file, why charge me extra for it.
    That was a total rip off.
    And a true disappointment.
    Several hours later the program is not done pulling in content from online. It appears complete, no longer says "downloading". Then I check content and still find + more online... under folders. I have had to click download all several times. VERY poor delivery system. Especially compared to past performance by the same company. And no, its not my internet connection. It is solid and stable. Very sad change to a really nice product. Even without using version 16, I am unimpressed with the program and the company behind it.

By the way, I installed XDPX version 11 from my CD on the same new machine. Though I have not used it yet, and have not tried to update or download anything into it, the design gallery is loaded with content. This is what I expected from my new version 16.
    Last edited by samrc; 28 February 2020 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added update to my download process
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    IP