Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro x 16 new install and update.

I'm pretty sure I posted to this thread yesterday. It seems to have been removed. I would say that I made some accurate, mostly relevant remarks without resorting to insults, abuse or bad language. The plain unvarnished truth, if you will. It seems to have been unilaterally removed by persons unknown. It is quite possible that some of my remarks may have made uncomfortable reading for some, but that is the way of the world. However, I would have wished to see the original post reinstated, but that is a flight of fancy, I fear.

I went out of my way to refrain from any form of ad hominem remarks, but some truths, it appears are best left unsaid hereabouts. It would be infinitely preferable if Mr. Boulton (CEO of the parish of magiXara) were to make a personal statement in this thread to refute or otherwise any of the obviously offensive remarks I seem to have made in that post, but it seems that freedom of speech is not a value that is cherished.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro x 16 new install and update.

@ Handrawn - yes that's right, access to the content is lost after expiry of the Update Service. And yes updates after the date of purchase are also lost if you reinstall (except for bug fixes, as described in the FAQ).

@ iamtheblues. I deleted it because your off the cuff and I'm sure unthinking reference to corona virus was likely to cause offence to anyone caught up in this serious business (indeed did cause offence, it was a complaint about that which brought me to this thread). Perspective please, there are more important things in life than the operation of our Update Service!

I will close this thread now, I think Samantha's question has been answered.

Kate @ Xara
    IP