ah thank you.

I did find the program installers for PS and content and moved to a safe location for future use.
Unfortunately, I did not get the install file for the update before it installed. Now only a CACHE file remains in my AppData folder, not helpful for the future.

So my original concern remains...
If my program requires a reinstall on this or another machine after 365 days have passed, would I get offered that same update I just applied without having to pay for it? In previous versions of the software the answer would be yes. In version 16 with this 365 day pay plan?

If I seem paranoid about this issue, please know it comes from reality not just worry.
The last NEW machine I bought was in 2015, a dell laptop. After spending time updating, installing, moving files personalizing the system, the hard drive died at 5 months. With that machine, I attempted to merge all my older backups, prune clean resources into one trimmed usable resource. Lost everything on that drive, could not be salvaged.. I bought a fresh backup drive, had set up my backup software to run that evening. Never got a chance. The drive died 2 hours before scheduled backup. I moved back to my old nasty 2010 model when Dell would not stand behind their product. Finally got a new laptop. Trying again.