Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Airbrushing blob tests

I did these last night after being a bit inspired by an artist I found on youtube named Jey Wee, who uses Illustrator to achieve very convincing airbrushing effects and does it without apologies to the look of it. Using combination of feathering and clipping, I made some shapes and played around with them. The first thing I noticed is if you make a shape, then duplicate it in place then add feathering, you can move it a little to get a 3D beginning to that shape, 'fill it out' so to speak. From there, it's mostly really thick lines that I feather, and when I get them into position, i convert the line to a shape (it retains it's feathering settings) and then apply transparencies to it. I'm sure this is old hat to some of you, but seeing how Jey did his work, it suddenly made sense to me.

Anyway, I did a final touch to one of them, adjusting color levels and then adding subtle noise. I don't know why, but I feel it looks better that way and it's a lot easier to 'fixing' the colors, even if I used document specific colors.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vectorairbrush1.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	126396
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vectorairbrush2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	126397
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Airbrushing blob tests

Excellent effects.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Airbrushing blob tests

Some interesting effects there, hseiken.