Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Select Regardless

Dear Xara...

I appreciate the mechanism whereby I can right-click and Object and pick Lock.
    The converse, necessarily, cannot be done as the Object is now Locked and cannot be Selected.
    Right-click Unlock all on page is far too crude a response as it impacts each and every Object on any Layer, locked or hidden.
    I would have set these up for a reason and now I would be faced with re-applying the locks all over again.

The Mouse selection Alt+Left Button+Click could be used as a temporary Unlock.
    Currently, we hold down "Alt" to select objects hidden by other Objects; Alt+clicking steps through several overlapping Objects.
    Can the capability be extended to allow a Locked Object to be part of this action. When it loses focus (selection), the Lock is re-applied?

Acorn
    Hold down "Alt" to select objects hidden by other Objects. Alt+clicking steps through several overlapping Objects. [Switch to Outline and click on the shape boundary - cleaner].Hold down "Alt" to select objects hidden by other Objects. Alt+clicking steps through several overlapping Objects. [Switch to Outline and click on the shape boundary - cleaner].Alt+Left Button+ClickAlt+Left Button+ClickAlt+Left Button+ClickAlt+Left Button+Click
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Select Regardless

Today I learnt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Hold down "Alt" to select objects hidden by other Objects. Alt+clicking steps through several overlapping Objects.
    Unticking the red padlock next to the object in the Page & Layer Gallery removes the need to Unlock All.
    I know the point you are trying to make, but some users may think Unlock All is the only option.

Default Re: Select Regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Today I learnt...
    Unticking the red padlock next to the object in the Page & Layer Gallery removes the need to Unlock All.
    I know the point you are trying to make, but some users may think Unlock All is the only option.
    Thanks Chris, I appreciate your addition.

The reason I want this is to avoid breaking the flow back and forth with the Page & Layer gallery.
    The Unlock all on page is a massive sledgehammer but you are still working within your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat