Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara/Magix Support sucks! - Well not actually true, it doesn't exist

@onlye

Upload the file to Dropbox or something like that and give Rob the link.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Xara/Magix Support sucks! - Well not actually true, it doesn't exist

Many thanks to Rob for helping identify the issue so I can resolve it!

As I told Rob my pubic slamming of Xara and Magix is not to hurt either company but that seems to be the only way to get help. That should not be the case. The Support from Magix on Xara products is awful and they need to be called out.

I want support to at least be acceptable because I am very attached to Xara software and have no desire to find a replacement. (while not a replacement I was forced to find an alternative web design product to use with ecwid commence. The cost was about half of a Xara product and any post I have made to the user forum received a reply by the designer within 24 hours) I have recommended and assisted friends and co-workers with Xara products for years. I hope my rant may create some small incentive by Xara to review the Magix support and push for improvement.

Again, Thanks to Rob for helping me out!

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    Many thanks to Rob for helping identify the issue so I can resolve it!

As I told Rob my pubic slamming of Xara and Magix is not to hurt either company but that seems to be the only way to get help. That should not be the case. The Support from Magix on Xara products is awful and they need to be called out.

I want support to at least be acceptable because I am very attached to Xara software and have no desire to find a replacement. (while not a replacement I was forced to find an alternative web design product to use with ecwid commence. The cost was about half of a Xara product and any post I have made to the user forum received a reply by the designer within 24 hours) I have recommended and assisted friends and co-workers with Xara products for years. I hope my rant may create some small incentive by Xara to review the Magix support and push for improvement.

Again, Thanks to Rob for helping me out!
    Any chance of us discovering what the problem was?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Any chance of us discovering what the problem was?

Acorn

Sure. There was a Photo Panel from the Content Catalog that caused the problem. According to Rob, the bad panel has been removed from the Content Catalog. My challenge was the photo panel was just a group once imported so hard to identify as a SmartShape. Rob recognized the Photo Panel as the offending object. I opened in v15 of Designer Pro, removed the bad panel and saved the file. I then opened in v16 and replaced it with a new Panel from the Content Catalog and saved it. I fixed three broken sites in just a few minutes once I knew what to do.

Again thanks to Rob. Magix support has yet to offer a solution.

Question Re: Xara/Magix Support sucks! - Well not actually true, it doesn't exist

+1 for Rob, -1 for Magix.

@Rob-Xar - as onlye has found, a bad SmartShape was duly identified and removed from the Online Content Catalogue. All to the good but where is the Rectification Note to all those who has used the offending SmartShape?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

and ... only way to get help. That should not be the case. The Support from Magix on Xara products is awful and they need to be called out.
    Rob is Xara Technical Support. What do/did you expect from Magix? Karma

Mod: Delete Thread?

Cheers
    ~Fred