Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop repeating

Default Stop repeating

How do I stop the repeating of an image? I have images on my PC that I need to use at my website. I`m using WDP16. This is the way I go: Insert - Images - from file. I then pick the image I want and click open. Fine. The image is imorted and pasted at my page. As it isn`t exactly where I want it I move it. BUT now it happens. The image is copied to all my other pages (Repeated). (Exactly the way my navbar was repeteated). How do I stop this. There must be a way to import and paste an image to a single page without having it to repeat itself on every page belonging to the website.

flyingcalypso

Default Re: Stop repeating

Right click the image and Repeating Object > Stop Repeating > This Copy Only. Then go to another page and delete the image, when asked choose From All Pages.

BUT...it shouldn't happen in the first place. Importing an image shouldn't automatically repeat.

Thanks Chris,
    I tried going to Repeating Object and click Stop Repeating. But - Stop Repeating - Is greyd out. You can only click at Repeating.. Something is obviously wrong! But what?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Right click the image and Repeating Object > Stop Repeating > This Copy Only. Then go to another page and delete the image, when asked choose From All Pages.

BUT...it shouldn't happen in the first place. Importing an image shouldn't automatically repeat.

Can you upload your .web file for us to look at? I can't make any sense out of it.

Will do!

Have to go to a friends Cathotel where I`m helping out but will be back in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Can you upload your .web file for us to look at? I can't make any sense out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcalypso View Post
    Have to go to a friends Cathotel where I`m helping out but will be back in a couple of hours.
    The most wholesome, yet awesome line I have ever read on TG.

The airborne daughter of Atlas caring for the feline master race. There's a movie in there, somewhere.

With Chris as star script writer and director!

Hi I`m back home and all is well with the cats.
    Now back to my problem
    I`m attaching two files: One is the working / websitefile and the other is an image file.
    In the workfile you will see a map image at the index (Home) file. It is not correctly placed so it all happens (the repeating) when I move the map file (centering and a little bit down) and drop it at it`s new location. The map file is repeatedtestshadow.webClick image for larger version. 

Name:	backgr.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	126413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nordicMap.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	126414 at all the other pages. Well I am just a big ?

You have put the map on the Page background. You have selected Options > Page Size > Document: All pages in the document the same.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-02-25_160825.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	126415 Thanks, The only Options > Page Size > I could find is the one you see a picture of to the left. There is no >Document> only mentioning of web site page beeing of the same SIZE So I`m looking at the wrong place?