Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara/Magix Support sucks! - Well not actually true, it doesn't exist

Title should say ... support sucks!

I am beyond frustrated with the crap that is called support from Xara/Magix. First off, Magix makes it just about impossible to open a ticket. It takes me over 10 minutes to find how to submit a ticket. And then Magix does everything they can to block a ticket from being created. If you finally get a ticket created Magix emails you to say the ticket won't actually be created unless you tell them again you have an issue.

I can't open my customer's website to do edits. That is a problem! - error- SmartShape failed to load text - the file will not open.

The first Magix ticket ended in oh, so sorry, but we will give you a free month of subscription service.
    - an answer? open the file and remove the SmartShape. Oh, ok, open the file that won't open? And remove the stuff that you want me to pay for a subscription to use?
    The second Magix ticket was never responded to.
    The third - I can't seem to find where the hell to submit another ticket.

This is ridiculous. You want us to continue your cash cow revenue stream on a product that you are all but abandoning? Then provide some help when your mediocre updates break essential functionality.

yes, this post is a duplicate also post in Hey Xara - but my frustration drives me to repeat the story of Xara abandonment and Magix incompetence.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 21 February 2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Changed subject

Default Re: Xara/Magix Support sucks! - Well not actually true, it doesn't exist

I added Support to your subject.

Sorry to hear about your interaction with support. Product support is vital to product loyalty. One can only hope this will reach someone from Magix.

Default Re: Xara/Magix Support sucks! - Well not actually true, it doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I added Support to your subject.

Sorry to hear about your interaction with support. Product support is vital to product loyalty. One can only hope this will reach someone from Magix.

Thank you Gary. It is with great frustration I posted this. Sadly, public shame may be the only way I get any assistance. So I started a Social Rampage of slamming Xara and Magix for their support. We'll see how much it takes to get help. TalkGraphics done, Facebook Done, Google-yelp next.

@Rob-Xar, this is really a one for you.

I am sure Xara can open stuck files and in any case, you really want to see why if is failing.

The reason I suggest this is the Magix site offers up TalkGraphics' finest Posts for all to see.

If a Customer cannot get satisfaction, you won't see many new ones.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @Rob-Xar, this is really a one for you.

I am sure Xara can open stuck files and in any case, you really want to see why if is failing.

The reason I suggest this is the Magix site offers up TalkGraphics' finest Posts for all to see.

If a Customer cannot get satisfaction, you won't see many new ones.

Acorn
    The SmartShape issue again. The third file I can't open. - I installed an old version 15.1 of Designer Pro and was able to open the file. But SmartShapes are identified as SmartShape so hard to determine where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    The SmartShape issue again. The third file I can't open. - I installed an old version 15.1 of Designer Pro and was able to open the file. But SmartShapes are identified as SmartShape so hard to determine where they are.
    Which SmartShapes are you attempting to use.

If I knew, I might create some real Xara shape alternatives

Trying running your XDAv16.3 with Run as administrator and try and ope the offending file.

You could PM me with the file so i could check it is Xara and not just your install.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi onlye,

Can you send me your .web/.xar project file (either email or PM) so I can see what is happening?

Many thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi onlye,
    Can you send me your .web/.xar project file (either email or PM) so I can see what is happening?
    Many thanks
    Rob
    Rob, thank you for your offer.

Acorn

Hi Gary,

I know it's dry in New Mexico, perhaps you could try eyedrops ?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.20.54 AM.png
Views: 373
Size:  26.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi onlye,

Many thanks
    Rob

Thanks Rob! I sent a pm but couldn't figure out how to attach the file. If you can reply to the pm with an email addy I will send over the file. Again, THANKS!