Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue outline

Default Blue outline

I have quite a simple query. The attached image is just a black outline of a chicken leg. I wish to change the black to a blue of my choosing. I have tried various effects and combining shapes; but can’t seem to achieve this simple effect.

To clarify I have a separate blue rectangle and just need to overlay or combine this colour onto the image’s outline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_481101.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	126372  

Default Re: Blue outline

select your image and use the colour editor - if it is a bitmap the setting you want to change is dark contone - you can use the colour editor colour picker to select the blue from your rectangle

if its a vector then [probably] local line colour
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Welcome to TG Roberto,

Paste the image into Xara, open the Colour Editor by clicking colour editor icon bottom left of screen.

Next from the dropdown chose dark Contone & drag along the bottom colour bar to adjust as required.

Create a rectangle with no fill & blue stroke to match, centre, select both & export as jpg or png.

Name:	export.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	126374  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Snap!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For a simple black and white image like this I would add a rectangle over the image the color you want and apply a Screen (Bleach) transparency. This applies the color to only the black areas. Then create a True Color bitmap copy.

Name:	Screeb Transparency.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	126375  

Strictly, it applies colouration to everything except white... if the image is just black and white/transparent that's one way, sure
    Nothing lasts forever...

Place the Blue Rectangle over the image to totally cover it.
    Then use Screen (Bleach).

Quickest and simplest.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Place the Blue Rectangle over the image to totally cover it.
    Then use Screen (Bleach).

Quickest and simplest.
    See my previous comment.

more than one snap in the thread!

personally I avoid using overlays unless I know I am going to need recolour later on maybe , but it's a personal thing, I have been caught out with unintentional recolouring before now, but Gary's suggestion of a bitmap copy [or for that matter a clipview] can avoid that
    Nothing lasts forever...

Read the Posts. Read the Posts.

ClipView is better as you might put something between image and overlay.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat