Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Just bought version 16

I used Xara Web Designer Premium since 2017. Now I changed my computer and got Windows 10. So I bought Premium version 16 and downloaded it. But things are not working well. Everything seems the same as the version I bought in 2017. Design Gallery has a tick against it but when I click on it nothing happens, or on any of the Galleries. When I click on Insert, Content Catalogue it tells me that the 'Design Gallery must be enabled to import contents. Switch on Utilities, Galleries' but it is switched on, there is a tick against it. Ditto for the Insert Table. I've seen a couple of mentions of this problem on the forum. To be honest everything else is the same as the version on my old computer for 2017. Could I have just loaded the 2017 software from the CD on my new Windows 10 computer? I am supposed to get updates for the version I have just bought for a year, will these updates actually happen, and work? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Default Re: Just bought version 16

Right-click on your Desktop XWDP icon or right-click on the Task bar icon then right-click on the application icon and pick Run as administrator.
    This should correct everything.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Just bought version 16

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Right-click on your Desktop XWDP icon or right-click on the Task bar icon then right-click on the application icon and pick Run as administrator.
    This should correct everything.

Acorn
    Thanks for your quick reply. I clicked on 'Run as Administrator' and tried updating, it said it was up to date. Stll cannot put a table in or get to Design Gallery or Insert from the Content catalogue. I asasume that if there Design Gallery was there it would show on the left hand side of the screen where the Page Galery is. I seem to remember from the previous version that was where it was. Do you think I have downloaded a faulty version? Although since this is a new computer what I have got that works fine, like the old 2017 version but obviously I want the extras I have paid for.

Question Re: Just bought version 16

Quote Originally Posted by janet2280 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I clicked on 'Run as Administrator' and tried updating, it said it was up to date. Stll cannot put a table in or get to Design Gallery or Insert from the Content catalogue. I asasume that if there Design Gallery was there it would show on the left hand side of the screen where the Page Galery is. I seem to remember from the previous version that was where it was. Do you think I have downloaded a faulty version? Although since this is a new computer what I have got that works fine, like the old 2017 version but obviously I want the extras I have paid for.
    Run as administrator is nothing to do with updating. It sorts out all the required linked libraries.

You do not have a faulty version. It is properly Registered? Does Ctrl+Shift+Alt+1 show Status: Registered?

Open the application and report back on what happen with the following:
    • Press F9 several times. Does the Colour Gallery appear and disappear?
    • Ditto for Shift+F9.
    • Ditto for Ctrl+F9.
    • Ditto for Shift+F10.
    • Ditto for Shift+F11.
    • Does Insert > Table open the Online Content Catalogue (OCC) showing Table 01 through Table 12?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat